Chapter 31 - Say Hi

Please read A/N at the end <3
After catching up on Simon's videos, we began to play silly little games. He had brought a deck of cards, so we played 21, Black Jack, and snap.

"Pick... Pick... Stick! Nineteen!" Simon cried happily, turning his deck over so I could see his cards. I smirked and slowly picked up my cards.

"Twenty one! I WIN!" I yelled, throwing my cards on the ground.
"You cheated!" Simon said, tackling me to the ground and hovering over me.

He allowed his arms and legs to give way so he flopped on top of me. I groaned and flipped him over, so I was sitting on his stomach.

"Did not." I whispered and pecked his lips. My cheeks immediately flushed bright red, so I climbed off of him and turned away.

"Cute." Simon said, coming to hug me from behind. "Look I have something to show you." He added, taking my hand and pulling me out of the tent.

He placed his hands gently over my eyes and led me forward. When he removed them, I looked around, cautious as to what he wanted to surprise me with.

The barriers around the outside of the roof were wrapped in fairy light and the moon shone in the night sky.

I looked around until my eyes landed on a group of people. My friends. They began to make their way over to us. I soon realised that Josh was in his new shirt (all the boys had a shirt on, making them look smarter than usual) and the girls where in their new dresses.

Soon enough, calm music began to play, and only after few words I realised it was 'All Of Me'.

"You cheesy fuck!" I giggled and hit Simon's arm. Josh took Freya's hand and began spinning her around, as did Tobi with Arayah, Vik and Ant, and JJ with Megan. Ethan grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the door leading downstairs.

"Open it!" He said excitedly. I opened the door, to be met with a cardboard cut out of JJ, with a blue jumper messily placed over it, and a picture of Harrys face stuck on it.

"Oh my god..." I said quietly, as Ethan began laughing. He picked up the cut out and began dancing with it like everyone else. I began laughing until tears were rolling down my face.

I placed my hands on my knees and sighed, but then I was thrown over Simon's shoulder and taken towards everyone else.

He put me down and began spinning me round and trying to dance with me until the song ended. I looked up at Simon.

"So, uh, Alex. There's something I wanted to ask you. Um, will you, maybe, like, be my girlfriend?" He asked nervously. I looked around at everyone to see them staring and smiling at me.

There were so many pairs of eyes boring into me. I couldn't focus my eyes on anything in particular; they kept darting around. I took a step back away from Simon and squeezed my hands over my ears. There was a ringing in my ears.

"I, I uh, I-"
"Alex? Are you ok?" Everyone began crowding around me and fussing. Too many people, too little space. I suddenly couldn't breathe as people closed in on me.

"Not again." I whispered to myself and ran to the door. I rushed through it and down the stairs as fast as i could to get out of the building. I sank to the floor outside and began crying. I'd ruined it...

Simon's POV:

"Woah what happened?" Freya asked.
"I think she's getting panic attacks guys." Megan said seriously. "My sister gets them, she does similar things."

"Simon man! Go after her! You can't let her go around London on her own." Josh said and nudged me.

"Clear up for me?" I yelled and ran towards the door. I ran out of the building and skidded to a halt when I saw Alex crying into her flannel. I walked over and hugged her gently.

"It's ok. Calm down. Don't worry." I said quietly as she leant towards me. "Look, let's get in my car, it'll be warmer." I said and helped her up.

~

"Alex, Megan thinks you're getting panic attacks." After Alex had finally calmed down, I began talking to her about what's been going on.

"I am. I went to the doctors the other day." She said quietly and looked down at her hands.
"What? Why didn't you tell us? I could have gone with you!"

"I didn't want to make it a big deal. You've only seen a few. When mum died, at the funeral, last night. But I've had loads since we had the bad news. At night, when I'm on my own, or when I'm surrounded by people or under pressure. Ever since mum died, I feel like there's something missing, the only thing keeping me sane." She said wearily.

"Oh my god. I can't believe I never noticed."
"It's not your fault. You couldn't have kno-" I cut her off by planting a firm kiss on her lips.

"Yes." She said.
"What?"
"Yes. I'll be your girlfriend." She giggled a bit as I drew her in for a hug.

"Let's go home. I can destroy you at another game of cod!"

~

"SUCK YOUR NAN ON A TUESDAY!" Alex yelled as I shot her.
"THATS WHAT YOU- FUCK NO YOU'VE OVERTAKEN ME!" I shouted as she knifed me from behind.

We had got home and changed into pyjamas, then started an intense game of Call of Duty.

"Wanna pause while I get a drink?" I asked, looking over at Alex. She smirked and hid her face in her hands. I looked back over at the TV to see that I was dead.

"YOU LITTLE-" I cried and slung her over my shoulder. She began squealing and laughing as I carried her around until the room filled with familiar faces.

JJ walked into the room last after shutting the front door. She stopped squealing as I put her down.

"So...?" Ethan asked, raising his eyebrow in a questioning manner.
"Say hi to my new girlfriend!" I cried and hugged Alex playfully. The room echoed with screams and yells of joy.

A/N: I'm sorry this book is so long winded. Do you guys still enjoy it? I'm trying to cut the irrelevant crap to shorten it but idk. Should I keep writing it? I feel like it's not that well written and not that interesting anymore imo. If you guys still enjoy reading, I'll keep writing. Please let me know what you think of this book and what I should do. :)