Chapter 18

"Don't lie Alex! I saw Simon kiss you on the plane!" Ethan yelled excitedly, causing Harry's head to shoot up to look at me.

I nearly dropped my glass, and lunged forward to try and save the water from going everywhere.
"I'm- I don't- what are you talking about?" I stuttered, regaining my balance, putting the glass down a little too forcefully.

"You know what!" Ethan continued to shout, most likely grabbing the attention of everyone in the house. He then started dancing around the kitchen.  "Simon kissed Alex! Simon kissed Alex!"

"Ethan!" Both Harry and I cried, causing him to sit down with a guilty, but humoured looked on his face. You could tell he was trying not to laugh.

"Simon! Get your arse in-"

"Harry, no. Please! Don't make this a big deal! Let me exp-"

"No! Simon!" Harry slammed his hands on the table, eyebrows furrowing together.

"Um, hi?" Simon asked awkwardly as he walked in and sat next to me.
"Nope. Move." Harry instructed, pulling Simon from his seat and forcing him to switch places.

"Why? What did I do?" He asked, although I think he already knew the answer. He was the only one downstairs when Ethan was shouting, so he definitely heard.

"Don't fucking pretend you don't know!" Harry hissed. "I told you all when we were younger, I wanna know if anything happens with Alex that looks like more than friends!" He added, overreacting slightly.

"Ok look! Fuck. Yeah, I kissed Alex, but it didn't mean anything, I promise. I was just trying to distract her on the plane because she was panicking. It was just friendly; I always kiss Alex on the cheek and forehead and stuff!" Simon said, trying to defend himself, going red with embarrassment.

Harry stood up and inched towards Simon.
"You kissed her on the lips! Why would you do that as a distraction? I can't believe-"

"Harry! Calm the fuck down. Simon didn't do anything wrong. If anything, it was my fault for panicking!" I said, forcing Harry to sit back down in his seat.

"Can you two get out a minute? I need to talk to Simon... alone." Harry said quieter, gesturing towards me and Ethan. We both exchanged a confused, and slightly worried glance, but stood up and exited the room.

Simon's POV:

"Look, I'm sorry ok. I didn't think you would get this angry and-"

"Shut up a minute and let me talk!" Harry cut me off, waving his finger in my face. "I'm not exactly happy that you kissed my sister, but if I'm honest, I kind of always expected it to happen." He continued.

"Woah, hold up! What do you mean you expected it?" I asked, a confused expression plastered on my face.

"I see the way you look at her, Simon. I see the way you act around her. I know you like her."

My face went bright red, but I still tried to argue otherwise.
"No no no. No I don't. Nah. Nope. Why would I like Alex? She's my best friend. Ha. Ha. Noooooo..." I trailed off, knowing that I wasn't succeeding in fooling Harry. "Are you mad at me?"

He sighed, and looked up at me.
"I'm not mad at you. I'm happy for you. I just wished you'd told me earlier. We can all tell. The others have been joking about it for months. I'm surprised you haven't noticed." My mouth opened and closed in shock, like a fish out of water.

"But I thought you never wanted any of us to date her. And how many people know?"

"Never said that. I just said I wanted to know if anything went down. She's my sister, Simon. The boys and girls know. And some fans suggested it after the football videos went live." Harry said with a cheeky smirk.

"Oh fuck." I chuckled. "But thanks man. I'm happy you're not mad at me. Let's just see where this one takes us." I smiled and walked out.

Alex's POV:

The doorbell rang, and I answered the door to see Freya, Megan, Arayah and Andrea smiling up at me.

"Hey girls, come in!" I said happily, letting them in and shutting the door behind them.
"How are you?" Megan asked, moving her blonde hair from her shoulder.

"Holding up fine, I guess. Just waiting for Simon and Harry to finish their conversation." I replied, walking through to the living room, the girls following shortly behind after removing their shoes.

"Know what it's about?" Ant asked.
"No! I mean nah, nope, course not!" I exclaimed, making myself seem really suspicious.

"Yes you dooo!" Freya chuckled, poking my shoulder a few times. I felt my face burning, and I knew I was as red as a tomato.

"No!"

"Yes! Tell us!"

"I- He- Simon kissed me on the plane!" I said really quickly and ran from the room. I shot up the stairs and into Vik's room.

He and Tobi were recording a geoguesser video, but they turned around and gave me a puzzled glance.

"What are yo-"

"Sshh! I'm about to be attacked!" I hissed. I crawled across the floor and hid behind Vik's bed, just as the girls ran in.
"Have you seen Alex?" Ant shouted, but went over to hug Vik anyway.

"Uhh, no sorry." He said more like a question, obviously very confused.
"Hi Alex!" Freya said from behind me. I screamed and jumped up onto the bed.

"Please don't make me explain!" I whined and tried to run, but Arayah grabbed my arm before I could reach the door.
"Come with us!" She said smugly, and dragged me into the spare room. Megan was the last in, so she shut the door behind her before coming to join us on the bed.

"Go!" They shrieked, and I sighed. I began to explain every detail of the story, from Simon and Tobi trying to calm me down, to Simon holding my hand, through to the kiss, then finally with Tobi waking us up and being suspicious.

"Awww!" They all squealed, while I tried to shush them.
"I always knew he liked you! I told you when we met. I'm a genius." Megan said proudly.

"Please, just... Just don't tell the other boys. Only Harry and Ethan know!" I pleaded.
"Sure." Arayah said, making me sigh again. I knew they were going to tell.

"Bye!" Freya laughed, and all the girls bolted out of the room, obviously to tell their boyfriends. I laid back on the bed and sighed once more. This was going to take some explaining...