Chapter 24 - What's Up?

I stretched my arms above my head and yawned. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the light shining through the window, so I blinked and shielded my eyes.

We had all fallen asleep on the living room floor last night; everyone was too tired or drunk to go home. My head slightly ached as I glanced around the room.

Josh and Freya were laying on their sides facing each other, and Callum was sat up against a sofa, with Sarah sat between his legs leaning into his chest. JJ and Tobi had managed to fall asleep sat back to back, which looked rather uncomfortable. Vik and Harry shared a sofa, with Cal and Ethan squeezing onto the other one; Harry was hanging his head upside down over the arm of the chair.

Only then did I realise Simon's arms wrapped tightly around my waist. He was sat up against the sofa with his legs sprawled out in front of him, as I sat next to him, curled up at his side. I knew I should move before anyone else woke up, but I just didn't want to.

I heard Cal groan as Ethan kicked him, so I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"For fuck sake! Ethan keep your feet to yourself." Cal grumbled. I opened my left eye and peered at Cal as he kicked Ethan back.

"OW! That was so much harder what the hell. I didn't kick you th-"
"Shut the fuck up! Look!" Cal hissed at Ethan, stopping his whining. He pointed over at me and Simon, so I shut my eyes tight.

"Aww oh my god they're so cute! I just wish he'd ask her out now!" Ethan cooed.
"Do you actually think he likes her? Like are you sure it's not just a joke gone too far?" Cal asked curiously. There was no way Simon actually liked me. I think I just had a silly little crush, if you could even call it that.

"Nah! I know he likes her. I heard him admit it to Harry the other day in the kitchen. I was eavesdropping through the door." Ethan sniggered. I gasped slightly, and Ethan instantly stopped laughing.
"Alex?" Cal asked.

"Umm... No?" I replied quietly.
"You heard didn't you?" Harry suddenly spoke up. He sat up and watched us. "I heard the whole conversation. But it's true. Simon likes you." He added with a grin.

"He does not!" I grabbed Simon's hand and removed them from my waist quickly. He stirred and opened one eye confused.

"What's going on?" He asked, oblivious to the previous conversation.
"Nothing! Absolutely nothing!" I said loudly, standing up. Everyone began to wake up to my shouting, so I walked away to the kitchen.

"What happened last night?" JJ asked, rubbing his head. Nobody else could remember much, which I was relieved about. I sat down on the counter, thinking about the kiss.

"What you thinking about?" Tobi asked, coming to sit next to me. I needed to tell someone how I felt soon. I was fed up of keeping this to myself, and Tobi was the best person to tell.

"Can I talk to you in my room for a bit?" I asked him quietly. He nodded and jumped off the counter, following me to my room. I sat down on the bed and Tobi sat down in the chair opposite me.

"What's up?" He asked politely, not wanting to rush me.
"I think I like Simon." I said quietly, almost inaudible.
"What?"
"I think I like Simon. And I don't know what to do!" I said louder, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

I had never felt this way before about someone, and I was so confused about my feelings that I had no idea what to do.

I began to explain to Tobi all the recent events that had led up to this. From the falling asleep cuddling, to the kiss on the plane, to the kiss last night (which Tobi couldn't remember, which meant he was very excited to find out), to the conversation I overheard this morning.

"Oh Alex... Why don't you just tell him?" He asked, drawing me in for a tight hug.

"Are you mad? I can't tell him! I don't even know if I do like him. And we wouldn't go out. I mean, we are best friends. Nothing more right?" I asked as I frowned.

"I stand with the others on this one. You can tell Simon likes you. And you definitely like him back. We see the way he looks at you, and how you get all blushy and embarrassed when he looks into your eyes or compliments you! If you don't want to tell him yet, just wait a bit. You never know, he might tell you first." He said with a playful wink. "But you would be really cute together!" He added with a big smile.

"Thanks tobes." I said, chuckling at his excitement as we left the room.

Simon's POV:

While Alex and Tobi were talking, I pulled Harry aside.
"I wanna tell her man? But I can't. She doesn't like me back. I'll just embarrass myself if I tell her. I'll get reject-" I started, panicking.

"Oi! Listen. She likes you. I can tell. She looks at you the same way she looks at pizza or chicken nuggets. Or tesco. Take it as a compliment. Tell her ok!" He said, almost demanding. "Just find the right moment, and let her know." He added.

As if on cue, Tobi and Alex walked back in as we finished our conversation.
"What's good?" I asked as she took a seat on the floor next to me.
"Tesco." She replied happily. I began laughing, remembering the 'compliment' Harry gave me.

"What did I do?" She asked defensively.
"Nothing. You're just weird." I said, as she threw her hands up defensively.
"I AM NOT!"
"YES YOU ARE!"
"You're mean!"
"You love me really!" I said, almost hopeful.
"Maybe. Maybe not..." She mumbled.

A/N: shoutout to the #TescoGang gc for the tesco references. Hope you enjoyed. I think next chapter or the one after that will be a good one ;)