Chapter 1: Here comes Fake Ass

Natalia's POV

"Hey, Nat!" my sister nudges me with her elbow, catching my attention. Amber had been pestering me throughout the time, and my irritation growing each passing second.

"What?" I scowled at her, hard. I was texting my friend/sister-in-law, Elle. I'm hating my brother's overprotectiveness at this moment. I know she had her baby recently, but she seems fine, she says so.

You should have left Nixon with Nico and joined me here! :( - me

I smiled as the thought crosses my head. She's now my sister-in-law. How cool is that?

And well, my possessive brother didn't want her to come after those long hours of labor and screaming of pains, how frustrating his over protectiveness sometimes. She just had the baby barely a week, though I'm happy for them, but it's not really dangerous if she comes and party with us, it's not like she's going to a war.

I let out a lungful of sighed and shook the irritation away.

I'm still happy for them, though.

Finally, she found her happiness with my brother and vice versa.

I wonder when am I going to find mine? Or was there really a love?

"Aren't you going to meet the duke?" my sister goaded. I shot her a disparaging glare, wanting to strangle her with my eyes if only magic happens. How could I strangle her with my eyes? Ah, psychokinesis!

Shaking the weird thoughts off, I gave Ember a deep scowl, but she's already at full attention at him. "He's so hot," she softly gushes, squirming like a constipated dog beside me, and I rolled my eyes vehemently.

My eyes involuntarily flew to his direction as I felt his burning eyes directed at me. I ignored the sudden thumping of my heart, yet again, every time he's just around me.

Probably, I'll find a real guy who will love me, and not cheat on me if I'll dump his fake ass. And, this fake ass is making a show again. Here he is, the conscientious duke, the loyal, the so-perfect man in the eyes of everyone, if only they know.

My phone vibrated, drawing my attention instantly to the rectangular sleek and slim machine on my hand, with the bitten apple facing me. I wonder what that bite in the apple represents?

Flipping the small machine over, I unlock the machine and started tapping, checking my new messages. I smiled when I saw her name, Elle.

I would love to sneak out, but you know your brother will go ballistic if he found me gone. I know you'll have fun without me. :) Seek comfort from Angelik! - Elle

I rolled my eyes. Argh. Why did she have to get married? Love. Pft.

I went back on tapping of my phone to response.

I wish she's here. She didn't make it :( She's busy. - me

I felt Amber's giddy movement but I ignored it. "He's coming in our direction," Amber giggled snapping me out of my trance, yet again. I shot her a warning look. She's gushing and it starting to annoy me.

"What?" She widens her eyes, stifling her excitements.

Even without telling me, I could already feel him making his way towards us. I could feel his hot stares boring in my direction. I don't know why, but all my senses seem to sharpen when it comes to him.

"Gosh, he is so perfect!" my sister gushes barely containing her emotions not to jump at him. I rolled my eyes with growing vexation. Her eyes trained on the approaching duke, who happens to be my so-called boyfriend, no, my ex-boyfriend. I broke up with him yesterday.