Chapter 17: Tease

Raffy's POV

Irina burst out into a fit of laughter when she saw how scared I was as shit. "Oh, finally! The skirt-chaser found her match!" she exclaimed amusingly, winking at Natalia who was staring at her, bewildered.

"I'm Irina Grishin, Raffy's friend," as she gave me a brief glance then back to Natalia, who had been giving her an intent perusal, while she didn't notice it due to her enthusiasm. Perhaps she did, but she chose to ignore it. "Please, not the kind of friendship he shared with other women. We have a very clean type of relationship. No hanky panky," she giggled, and Natalia gave me a fleeting stare, then smiled back at Irina, genuinely.

"I'm his ex-girlfriend," Natalia corrected with a very friendly smile, and Irina grinned mischievously.

"Aw! But you two looks so perfect together," she mused, turning her head to me, she gave me a look that says, I-love-her, taunting me, with her eyes lit up like a bulb with mischief. "Come," Irina hooked her hand in the crook of Natalia's elbow, then lead her to a room. I decided to wait at the waiting area.

Before I turned on my heel, I heard Irina's words, "I'm so glad to hear that someone is giving Mr. hanky panky a big lesson to learn ..." causing me to turn my head to her, scowling at her back.

I quickly turn on my heel, heading to the waiting area, when they disappeared into one of the rooms, then seethingly sat on one of the plush ivory armchairs. There's a big flat screen mounted on the wall. In between the armchairs, a rectangular stainless steel glass coffee table, stack of magazines sitting on it, and a small centerpiece in different hues.

I decided to pick one of the magazines, grabbing a business magazine, then started flipping the pages, until my attention caught when I saw a big picture of Alexander Demakis in a full view, in his crisp Armani suit. He looks enigmatic. He was grinning, but his eyes filled with unfathomable secrets.

I read the title. Shipping magnate to finally tie the knot if his love of his life will accept his proposal.

I didn't bother to read the whole thing as I fold it shut. I put the magazine back on top of the others, then pulled my phone out of my pocket as I stood up, heading out of the door, as I dialed Alexander's number.

"Hello?" came his crisp voice, he sounded distraught, perhaps exhausted.

"Hey, it's Raffy," I answered shortly.

"Oh, hey Raff, what's up, bro?" he asked, noting the sudden energy in his tone.

"Just trying to get an update about your life," I said, unconsciously shoving my free hand in my pocket, I pace back and forth on the parking lot, simultaneously watching any cars pulling into the parking lot as I talk to him.

"Since when we get along pretty well, Rafael Benedict?" came his obnoxious reply.

I glared into the almost empty parking lot. "You forget who you are talking to, Alexander James. I'm Clara Bell's brother, and just one word from me, you're back to round one!" I retorted curtly.

"Oh, yeah!" he quipped, brushing off my temper.

"You are so uptight, your grace," he chuckled to my chagrin. "And why so sudden, you became interested in my life? Care to tell?" he taunted. I wanted to strangle him, but I held my temper at bay. "Well," he said before I could open my mouth to respond sarcastically "nothing interesting," came his reply, brief and nonchalant.

I hate to go on when he's too annoying to talk with, but I'm so eager to know if it was my sister he's referring to, and he should be, or I'll kill him. I know what happened between him and Bell when he took her to Mykonos. "A little bird told me that you are getting married?" I spewed out my thoughts, and I heard him chuckled, seemingly amused.