Chapter 26: Drugged

Raffy's POV

Osvaldo pulled the limo into an alley. It was dark, and the lamp post was a good few meters away.

Moments later, the rear door opposite me, opened. "Get in!" a peremptory command from one of my securities.

"Alright, alright. Relax, brute!" came an acquiesced reply.

He shoved her inside. She stumbled over the seat across me. She hissed in silence as she cast the man a disgusted look. The door shut, and she mumbled a series of curses as she fixed the thin strap of her dress that slipped down her shoulder. She was wearing a very short dress, and she smelled alcohol. Disgusting.

I don't see anything that was interesting to her. I don't even remember that one sex that happened, that night she overstepped her boundaries. I shouldn't have ignored that presentiment feeling when she appeared into my office one day.

My hands clenched as the scene that day flashed in my head...

"Your Grace," came a sweet, flirtatious voice. I didn't look up as I continued reading a report. I just motioned her to sit with a wave of my hand.

When she shuffled towards the armchairs across my table, I tore my eyes off the paper and looked up. I met with two bright green eyes. Her lips curled into an inviting smile. "Thank you, Your Grace." She batted her lashes as she clumsily bowed, then occupied one of the gray leather armchairs.

After that night, I thought I'm never gonna see her again. "What brought you here, Ms?" I brought down the papers on the table and gave the woman an insipid look.

"Smith. Maye Smith," she smiled, rather a sly smile.

I cocked my eyebrow, leaning my back against the gray high back chair, elbows propped on the arms of the chair. I gave her an inimical gaze, and she looked suddenly stiff.

"What is this important thing you wanted to say? I am a busy man, I don't have all day!"

"I just want to say that I enjoyed our night together. I will never forget—"

Using my low, menacing tone, I cut her off. "As I have said, I am a busy man, Ms. Smith. And whatever happened that night, I have no intention of continuing it. And don't make an arrogate claim that enjoyed it—"

"But you did!" she interrupted as she shot up. She looked offended, but I'm not a fool to missed her eyes glinting with slyness. Just another social climber. "How could you say that, Your Grace?" Her misty eyes accusing me. "You seduced me, and then you just turn your back after?" she shook her head, and it is almost believable.

I clenched my jaw as I scowled at her. Such arrogate claim boiled my blood. I leveled her an inimical gaze. She sat back on the chair.

"I don't remember anything, Ms. Smith. As far as I remember, I passed out. Don't make such unwarranted claim," I scowled, and she just gave me a sweet smile that had my blood boiling in rage.

"But you did, Your Grace. In fact, your drunken stupor didn't stop your desire to take me on all four positions if I may say?"

"I'm not a fool, Ms. Smith—"

"Of course, you are not, Your Grace!" she interjected as she gave me an apologetic look, but I won't buy it. A broad smile graced her face. "But you cannot deny it. You admitted it to me that you never loved your girlfriend—"

Shooting up on my feet, I slammed flat my palms against the table, ignoring the burning pain erupted in my palm and hovered over my table, eyes glinting with rage. My muscles tensed, anger bubbled up, burning from within. My hands gripped so tightly that my nails dug into my palm as I stared at her with a dangerous threat.