Chapter 31: Vegas

Raffy's POV

After the press conference, we were ushered by a group of securities and police to the underground garage. Ms. Lebediv together with Ms. Egorov were taken by the police in question after the false information.

Grandpa wasn't forgiving, too when it comes to Ms. Smith. He ordered the Police to take her as well. After she admitted it to the media that she drugged me, she's likely to be thrown into that cold cell.

I shove my hands in my pockets as I stood straight, my gaze resting on Natalia. I watched her as she gave her parents a kiss before turning, facing me and strutted confidently towards me.

She looked incredibly stunning in her dress, showing every inch of her curves, and I felt proud. My soon to be wife is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and she's going to be mine.

She stopped in front of me, snapping me out of my trance. She gave me a sweet smile that melted my heart. I returned it with a genuine one.

I held out my hand, and she took it. Osvaldo opened the limo's door, then I helped her in. I slid in and sat next to her.

When the limo slowly moved with the traffic, she snuggled against my side. I shifted as I lifted my hand and curled it around her. "I'm happy that you were there, but I'm also scared. I don't know what to expect from them," I whispered against the top of her head before placing a kiss.

She craned her head up and met my eyes. "I want to be there. I need to," she murmured, and I leaned in and kissed her in response. A brief kiss but full of love.

"Do you think Ms. Smith will go to jail?" she asked after a short silence.

I clenched my teeth upon remembering what she did, but at the same time, I felt a little sorry for her. If I lost Natalia, I don't know what inhumane could have I done to her.

The only thing that mattered to me now is that I have Natalia back.

"If she did, she deserves it. And a lesson to everyone, either a man did it or a woman," I said, and she nodded her head.

She trailed her index finger against my chest as she spoke. "I hate her for what she did. I just hope, it will not happen again to anyone," she sighed, then she leaned against me.

My hold tightened around her, occasionally placed a kiss on her head. "I'm sorry for every heartache I gave you," I whispered. She looked up, then I pressed my lips against her forehead.

She closed her eyes briefly, then slowly opened them when I pulled my lips back. "Shh.." Natalia place her index finger over my mouth as she tilted her head back, so our eyes met. "It's over. We will never talk about the past beginning this day," she murmured, and I nodded. "I love you," she said, her eyes glistening with unshed tears of joy.

"And I love you so much, Pumpkin." I fought back the tears of joy and leaned in to give her another kiss. I am floating in heaven. It was a beautiful feeling.

Iya leaned her head against my chest, snuggling against me. "I am planning a trip with you. I want to have you by myself if that's okay with you?" I asked.

I will not wait for the wedding, and will not give grandpa the satisfaction to win this time. He had played us with his hand, my life, though I'm grateful.

Natalia pushed herself back, then stared at me in curiosity. She leaned back, crossing her hands over her chest.

"But the ball will be in a few days?" she uttered.

I shifted to face her. "I know, but I can't wait for Saturday for us to get married. I was thinking, we go to Vegas and get married," I suggested, praying inwardly that she'll agree.