Chapter 20: Picnic

Iya's POV

I woke up with the loud rap on the door. Snapping my eyes open, sun rays peeking through the slits of the dark red embroidered drapes greeted me. I groaned sleepily as I blink rapidly. I squinted multiples times until my eyes adjusted to the light.

I still felt groggy, but I have to wake up. I have to work, but by the looks of it, half of my day is over.

I woke up in the middle of the night, last night. I couldn't fall to sleep right back in. It took me a long time before I fall back to sleep. I swear, I will never go to sleep early again.

I heard the door slowly opened, and Yuliana walked in. I slowly sat up. "Good mor—". She comes to a halt when she realized that I was still in bed, blanched face in embarrassment, and promptly looked down as she apologized quickly. "Please forgive me, Ms. Petropoulis, I didn't know you're still in b—"

"Please," I chuckled as I got out of bed, and she slowly looked up. I nod at her with a bright smile. Her lips slowly broke into a stiff smile. "Good morning," I greeted back, and she nodded her head in acknowledgment.

Again, she was dressed professionally. Crisp black trousers in a classic straight leg style, white buttoned down crisp shirt tucked in, and black coat matching her pants. Her hair is in her usual hairdo, tightly tied in a bun, no strands wandered.

"I apologize. I sleep in," I said sheepishly and she just shook her head.

"His grace is out to meet lady Maria, but be back later this afternoon."

"You mean grandpa, right?" I asked.

"Yes, Ms. Petropoulis, but your presence is needed in the pavilion. I'll take you there." She gave me a stiff smile and, I nodded.

"What time is it?' I asked, not bothering to ask who's needing me at this hour.

"It's almost eleven, Ms. Petropoulis," she answered briefly.

I stared at her sheepishly. "Would you mind waiting? I'll just hop in the shower, then change. It shouldn't take long," I smiled bashfully at her, and she just nodded. "It's no rush, Miss. I'll wait outside your door." Then she took her leave. I quickly headed to the washroom and then did my thing as quickly as possible.

Half an hour passed, I'm dressed in blue Jeggings, tan long sleeve tee, and completed it with nude Lavin flats.

My hair was still damp, so I just let it cascaded around my shoulder and back freely, let the air dry it for me.

I quickly took the phone that was sitting on the side table. An old iPhone 5. It was my phone back in Greece. Now, there's a reason why I kept it with me.

As soon as I walked out the door, I saw Yuliana, busy on her phone. I waited until she's was done talking, then she quickly bid goodbye to her caller, then approached me promptly.

She apologized quickly, then led me to the pavilion. There are two pavilions in the huge estate. I wonder which one is she taking me, and who are we going to see.

"Who wants to see me?" I asked her. She slowed down as she looked at me, then spoke stiffly.

She looks a little uncertain as she gave me a thoughtful look. My eyebrows slowly veered into a frown. "His grace, Ms. Petropoulis," came her brief reply. I nod my head. Wondering what it is he up again.

I held my curiosity back. If this is a surprise, then I would spoil it. Looks like Yuliana doesn't know how to lie.

The walk was long, and I didn't complain. There are lots of beautiful sights to see, to complain. I love the beautiful scenery around us, the lakes that seemed to surround the estate, there's also a bridge that takes you to the other part of the estate. It's another huge ground, but it is still part of the estate. It was only divided by the water. Trees are scattered around the well-maintained garden. Statues of old monarchs scattered everywhere, too.