Chapter 2: Never ignore your instinct!

"Trust your instinct. Intuition doesn't lie." - Unknown

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me, too...

...................

Rafael Benedict's (Raffy) POV

"I only need one thing, Osvaldo." I squeeze my eyes shut in frustration, my phone pressed to my right ear while the other, running through my curly hair over and over again. "Keep her mouth shut!" I said in a low tone, holding my temper at bay.

"Yes, your grace," he responded briefly, still carrying that respect in his voice. Osvaldo replaced Gannon as my right-hand man. When дедушка (grandfather) passed on the title to my father, he also retired. Dad only held the title for a few years, then he passed it on to me. I was a Duke as soon as I graduated Economics at Harvard, that was three years ago.

"His Highness already talk to her, your grace," I heard him said and my frown morphs into a deep scowl.

"Of course," I snickered humorlessly "he was always updated. Nothing passes his radar without knowing everything," I commented dryly. He must have told Gannon, and now he relates it to him.

Although, after he retired, the palace rewarded him for his loyal service with a huge estate, located on the outskirts of the city, they still communicate with my grandfather. They remained friends.

"You have nothing to worry now, your grace. Just be careful next time," said the forty years old man who works with dad before me.

"Make sure she's not bothering, Ms. Petropoulis again, Osvaldo." I reprimanded in a cold collected tone.

"Yes, your grace."

"And one more thing, all my affairs must have kept discreet. I trust you, Osvaldo!" with that, I hang up the phone without hearing his response. I look around me and I sighed. It's quiet where I was. The huge balcony is beautiful, facing the huge garden that beautifully maintained. Not as grand as the garden in our palace, but it's beautiful as it is.

I decided to go back and make it up to Iya. I needed her help. It's the only way to maintain my good reputation. Iya surpasses the qualifications of a duchess. She's beautiful with a beautiful heart, friendly, and my people would surely adore her, but I'm not ready to whatever serious relationship. I'm still enjoying my bachelorhood. I love my freedom and still enjoying whatever the worlds can offer.

I run my hair through, with my fingers once more, and fix my coat before making my way back inside. Just as I was about to walk back into the hallway from the balcony, my phone rang again. When I check it, my face disgruntled.

I stop and walk back into the balcony as I took the call, seething.

"I told you to stop calling me," I said in a controlled vibrato.

"Oh, I'm sorry, your grace. I just missed you!" she giggled and I realized she's drunk. It's pointless to talk to a drunk people, but I still found myself ordering her.

"Maye, whatever happened between us is just sex. It's over." I shoved my free hand, tightly clenched inside my pocket as I trained my eyes on the beautiful garden illuminated only by the dim colorful lamp post surrounding the vast land. "There's nothing special and you know it since the very beginning. Besides, I didn't pursue you, you came to me and offered it. I made it clear that I have a girlfriend and I don't want her to learn about it. You promise you will keep it discreet, but you called her!" I grit out in a very low tone, but enough for her grasp.

"Aww. You love her?" she randomly commented, half giggling. I'm not sure if she's sarcastic or genuine.

I froze at her words but decided to ignore it.