Chapter 12: Bar Hopping

Warning: Mature content. Read at your own risk.

Natalia's POV

I stared at the mirror in front of me, inside the huge walk-in closet. I felt satisfied with my outfit. Not too glamorous, but enough to catch attention. The color itself already stands out and justified my look.

Hot red.

I grinned as the words rolled out of my tongue. I turned around, and look at the mirror, my back looks sexy enough to get a second glance. The dress hugged my body, emphasizing my slim waist.

The plunging mini dress just below mid-thigh, with ruffles framing my cleavage, looks sexy, rather flirty, matched it with black ankle strap heels, matching my black handbag with a chain strap.

Just completed it with my silver Cartier watch, a teardrop dangling earring, that matches the pendant of my necklace.

I just swept up my hair into a messy bun, with a few locks framing my face, and a natural makeup on.

I heard my phone ringing, and I quickly shuffled out of the closet, and reach for my phone sitting on the bed beside my black handbag.

"Hi," I started as soon as I connected.

"Hello," Kaelan responded. I could feel the excitement in his casual tone. I bit my lip to stifle my amusement. "I'm already at the front waiting in my car," he announces.

I smiled.

"Alright, I'll see you in shortly," I said and then hung up the phone. I quickly grab my bag and hoist it up on my shoulder as I sauntered out of my door, closing it behind me, then along the wide hallway. I met a few employees on the way, I just gave them a sweet smile without stopping as I passed them by.

After a long series of steps, finally, I found myself emerging out of the tall and huge double door, and saw Kaelan leaning against his sleek black car.

Clad in short sleeve dress shirt, jeans, he looks hot enough, but Raffy would surely rocks that outfit. He always does. That shirt would surely hug his chest in the best ways.

Snapped it out, Iya. The reason why you are going out with this guy to forget about him tonight.

This is not a date, I reminded myself.

Yes, it is to Kaelan! My other brain shot back.

I quickly blocked my head, and pasted a smile on my face as I walk closer to him. She straightened as soon as he saw me approaching, and a wide smile slowly made its way up his face and settled there. I caught his eyes ran me up and down briefly before lingering to my face.

"You look so stunning tonight," he mused, his voice sounding flirty to me.

I smiled.

"You don't look bad yourself," I politely said. I suddenly felt uncomfortable with the way he stared at me.

"Shall we?" I asked, trying to break the awkward tension permeating between us.

"Oh, yes! Sorry," he rambles and I stifled my chuckles as I rounded his car, with him behind me. He quickly opens the door and I thank him before sliding in. I gave him a half smile before he shut the door beside me. I quickly buckled up.

He smoothly slid into the driver's seat, gave me a glance with his eyes shimmering with happiness, then buckled up quickly. He started the engine and then hit the road.

We arrived at the bar, in the main town square called Semen Tavern, and I almost burst into laughter, the name, though. My eyes couldn't hide the amusement as he led me to the door. The decor is interestingly rustic, old, but the atmosphere was warm. The jazz music welcomes us as we got in, people seems to enjoy the food, and it wasn't packed which I like the most.