Chapter 7: They say you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Nat/Iya's POV

The astonishing penthouse has floor-to-ceiling glass walls with unparalleled views of Manhattan. The exterior and interior were exceptionally extravagant, with 360 breathtaking views. It was a three-story penthouse, all software functioned, from windows to lights, down to the doors. It feels like he's the clone of Tony Stark except that he didn't invent the software himself.

"You know, Raffy is the calmest among us. He's the most gentle one, I was surprised he can lose his temper when it comes to you," he grinned.

So I've seen, but never he lost it with me. I just smiled at his remarks because I have nothing to say. As much as I want to, I'd rather talk about something else, maybe the weather, the new trends, or maybe his hobbies? Instead, I kept my mouth shut.

As he toured me around his luxurious place, he told me how close they are and Rafael. How often they got into trouble and was always on each other's side. I was somehow relaxed with his company, as he relays to me their story back in their teenage years.

We ended up at the top of his place, it was an open deck, giving an outstanding 360 degrees panoramic view. It's breathtaking.

I look down below and I drew in a harsh breath. I just realized how tall the building was. I quickly averted my eyes to the demigod standing a few inches apart from me. We are at the very top of the building, the lights from below us look like a star scattered around the area. It was breathtaking, yet frightening.

What if the metal railings suddenly give in? I would surely die on the spot as soon as I hit the ground or probably died while falling of heart attack. The thought suddenly shudders me inside, violently. I made a step back, avoiding to look below.

"So how long are you and Raffy has been dating?"

My head whipped to GP's direction as I shifted my body to face him. I involuntarily wrap my hands around my shoulders as I felt the cold breeze kissing my exposed skin. "Five years?" I responded with uncertainty.

"That's quite long, I must say." He turns to face me, then stroke his chin with his thumb and index finger. "I wonder why he didn't propose for that long years," he leaned on his side against the metal railings.

I just gave him a tight smile. I'm glad he didn't because it's going to be messy if after the wedding I caught him cheating, but I kept that thought in my head.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't open it up." He sounded sincere. "To be honest with you, I've never seen Rafael acted this way," his eyes never leaving me. He looks so eerily serious. I thought Raffy looks dangerous when he's serious, but GP was two times dangerous than him, especially when he's staring hard.

I look away. I don't want him to read my mind. His eyes piercing through my soul and I felt naked under his intense gaze. "I know I'm not in the position to tell you this, but I think Raffy finally found love." I blinked my eyes then snapped it in his direction. "I like you for him. I think he found his true match!" he added on with conviction, then he let out a rather loud chuckle.

I watch his chest vibrated as he chuckles hard. His shoulders shaking uncontrollably. People believes that he's mysterious, but he seems just the normal guy. Though he still looks tough, he actually was warm to me.

As soon as he sobered, I spoke casually. "You are so fond of him," I commented with a small smile.

He nodded. "He's like a brother to me. No doubt I would give him my life if I needed to and I know he would do it for me, too," he smiled earnestly. I nodded and felt amazed, how close their bond together as a friend.

"That's nice to hear," was all I can say.

I can't believe people judge him as a cold, ruthless businessman.