Chapter 16: Date

Third Person POV

As soon as Natalia disappeared through the door, the Nikolai Dmitri got out of his bed and rang his secretary. A few minutes later, Yuliana knocks twice on the door, then shuffled in.

"Your grace," she curtsied gracefully, then walk across the room after Nikolai beckoned her to follow him to his adjacent sitting room.

"How's everything going on?" Nikolai asked Yuliana as he sat on one of his antique armchairs with gold leaf gilding, in ivory, and crossed his leg over the other, propping one arm on the armrest, the other resting on his thigh regally.

"If you're asking about the ball, your grace, everything is set. We are just waiting for the day to come. All the foods, wine, desserts, appetizers, were all according to your choices. Mrs. Petranov will personally take care of everything. Regarding the cake, it will be delivered in the morning. Several girls were now busy decorating the ballroom hall, and should all be set in two weeks." She reported efficiently, and Nikolai nodded.

"Great!" he muttered enthusiastically. Yuliana was still on her feet meters away as she speaks to the old duke.

"How about the Ms. Preira? Do you have any reports about her previous activity?" Dmitri stood up, Yuliana followed him with her eyes apprehensively.

"She was on her vacation, your grace. The men we sent saw her went clubbing with few friends, but nothing suspicious, but they are still watching her." Dmitri curled his hands tightly in a ball. "How about Mr. Hemmings?"

"He's missing," Yuliana replied warily, and Nikolai's head whipped to her direction.

"Bloody bastard!" Nikolai blurted out before he realized it. He quickly apologizes to Yuliana. "That should bail out my dear granddaughter. She did nothing, and that bloody bitch should pay! I'll give Clara Bell's dad a month to do something, then I'll do what it needed to be done!" Nikolai stared mindlessly at Yuliana with rage etched all over his face. Yuliana felt terror as she stared at the furious old duke.

"How about Luke Nikolai? Is he still in Vegas?" Nikolai asked, trying to control his temper upon remembering his loving granddaughter, Clara Bell.

"Yes, your grace," Yuliana replied shortly.

"Good. I'll give him a call. Call Mario Alvar De la Riva, and see if his daughter can come early, I'm getting impatient here with my stubborn grandkids!" Nikolai grits out, and Yuliana nodded, curtsying before gracefully left his room in haste.

As soon as Yuliana disappeared, Nikolai took his phone out and went on his speed dial, then seconds later, Luke Nikolai's phone ringing.

"Nikolai's speaking," he started in his deep gruff tone that reminds the old duke of his son-in-law, Rafael.

"Nikolai, it's your grandpa," Nikolai responded impatiently.

"Dzedushka!" he uttered, surprised. "What's up, dzedushka?" he asked, his stoic tone turns playful.

"I heard that you're still in Vegas," the duke commented.

"Yes. I'm heading back to New York tomorrow, after my last meeting with a client here," he answered shortly. "How are you?" he added.

"I'm doing fine." He answered briefly. "I called because I need to ask you a favor, and don't say no to your grandpa!" Nikolai Dmitri tried to sound stern, and intimidate his grandson, but he forgot that Luke Nikolai was the most stubborn among the Valiente, if not Sid Vladeemir.

"What about your favorite grandson, dzedushka?" Nikolai Dmitri could hear a little jealousy over his tone, but he ignored it. He loves them all, it just happened that Raffy spent most of his years with him, but still he loves them all to bits.