Chapter 8: Mommy's Knows Best

Raffy's POV

"I'm really disappointed at you, Raffy. What you did is unforgivable—"

"I know mom!" cutting her off as I look away. I don't want to keep reminding of my mistakes. Yes, I screw it up big time, and I can't do anything about it. 

My mother let out a lungful of air. "Do you love her?"

Her question caught me off guard. My eyes snapped back to hers. I was staring into my own eyes, piercing into my soul.

"If you don't, we need to apologize to her and to her family. They were a good friend to us, and what you just did to her is betrayal," mom grits out at the end of the word. Her eyes twitching. 

I swallowed thickly. I hate talking about my love life, but the level of seriousness of her tone had me nodded intently.

"I love her mom," the words came out slowly from my mouth, my face heating up as I look away.

I caught a glimpse of her smile, but I ignored it. Mom and dad were the first ones who was so ecstatic when they found out about us.

"I'm glad to hear that!" mom sounds so relieved and happy.

"Now get ready," mom reprimanded enthusiastically and my frown deepens. I stifled the groan bubbling at the back of my throat as I stood up.

I don't want to go back in their mansion and be a prisoner again. I swallowed hard and face her, giving her my best puppy dog eyes I could muster. "Mom," she looks at me with a bright smile.

"Can I stay here? I promise I'll be good," I said almost pleading. 

She smiled, crossing her hands over her chest. "And what would you do here?" she asked with deep curiosity in her eyes.

I involuntarily ran my hand against the back of my neck. Mom was waiting for my response. "I think, I have a lot of courting to make to win her back," I finally said what I was thinking. What my hearts wants to do.

Mom shook her head. "No!" she disagreed softly. I saw dad walking towards us. 

"Are you both ready?" he asked. I shifted my eyes between them. "The plane is ready," he announced causing mom to nod her head and smiled. 

What do they mean the plane is ready?

"What do you mean by that?" I asked to no one in particular as I shifted my eyes between them, frowning.

"If you love her, give her time to think, to re-evaluate, but don't keep it too long. Try to call her once in a while, before you make another move. For now, she needs space," mom suggested and I don't like her idea. 

She's fucking kidding me. 

"Maybe let her date someone, if she's for you, then she'll come back. She'll realize she loves you still," dad commented and my head is about to explode with all these information they are trying to fill in my head.

"NO!" I shook my head persistently. "She's going to forget me, and hell, marry someone!" I grit out, my heart squeezing tightly at the thought.

"Then, she's not for you!" mom piped in. I shook my head once more, not wanting to take in their bits of advice. I can't let her on her own. GP is interested in her. And I saw how those men ogled at her. 

Mom gave my father a glance, sending an unknown word that only they knew and then she face me again. This time, she looks deadly serious.

"Natalia needs more time. And you, too. To rectify the things you've done to her. Show her you've changed, by that, I mean, show her that you're responsible now. You have lots of pending works that needs your attention. Maybe when she sees you succeed in running Pushkin Estate, then she'll realize how serious you were—"