Chapter 11: Admission

Natalia's POV

As soon as the call ended, I quickly lay down on my bed, and let out a deep sighed. Talking to him over the phone still made me feel nostalgic. All the fun, sweet memories with him rushes back like a wave.

What happened to him?

Why all of a sudden he wants me?

I smiled bitterly.

Now that I'm slowly accepting it, that we'll never have a forever, just then he comes back, and then opens up his emotions. And now?

The walls I tried to build up against him is now slowly crumbling down. I shouldn't accept his call. I should have ignored it, or cut it quick. Why did I let him play my feelings again?

But then again, I feel happy talking to him like nothing happened.

I decided to take a shower. I felt like it was a long day today, then I remember Kaelan. I know what's the old duke doing.

I remember how he just gawked at me as the old duke introduce me to him. He didn't hide his deep interest, and I almost laugh at him. He looks stupid, staring so intently at me, just nodding at whatever I said, or the old duke.

Quite hilarious to meet someone as playboy looking as Kaelan, tongue-tied as he gave me this keen interesting stare. It's funny I didn't find it creepy, probably because he looks nice, and I felt comfortable and knowing that he's Raffy's best friend, and the only son of the old duke's doctor, Dr. Anushka, perhaps that helps, too. The old man just as nice as the old duke.

Funny, that he's trying to make up what his grandson did, but I have no grudges against him or Rafael's family. It was Rafael who took me for granted, hurt me, but I forgave him already.

It's time to show him how it's done, Natalia!

Let him know that Rafael is just another ordinary guy, and he has no control over a woman, especially me.

I smirked.

I felt a triumphant smile graced my lips as I sauntered towards the ensuite bathroom with my phone in my hand.

I was humming the song I've heard our butler always sings when he's alone, 'love is a many splendor things'. It made me smile all the more when I remembered my family's helpers, they are the best.

I quickly filled the bathtub with warm water, threw in a ball of the bath bomb, in lavender scent, then placed the phone on the rim of the tub, so I can undress.

Tossing my clothes beside my heels in a heap, I turned the water off, and then slid into the tub all the while the bath bomb is still fizzing, not bothering using the jets.

I sit back and took the phone, carefully not dropping it in the tub. I texted Rafael.

Hi, are you free?

I quickly send it and then put the phone on the marble ledge of the tub, then waited. I smiled, my hands over the rim of the tub, trying to keep it dry in case he'll text back.

Just as I closed my eyes, I heard my phone ringing. I quickly took it and connected the call. My eyes lingered on the bubbles that are the color of a lavender, covering my entire body until my chest.

"Hello," I smiled, holding back the giddiness starting to resurface.

"Hi," he sounded so husky, and I almost melted.

"Did I bother you?" I asked, then I decided to put the call into a speaker since I felt my arm getting awkward trying to keep the phone from the bubbles.