Chapter 13: Furious Lover

Raffy's POV

"Natalia Petropoulis," the name rolled out of his tongue dreamily. I froze for a moment.

I sat upright, grabbing the glass and downed it in one gulp. Gripping the glass tightly, my knuckles turning white, my jaw slammed tight, it felt like a nerve would snap any second from clenching it too tight. I eyed him ferociously, he was oblivious from the livid stare directed to him. I slammed the glass down too hard, causing the empty glass to shatter in my hand. Kaelan snapped his head to me, startled. He frowned when he saw the broken glass underneath my palm. I could feel the deep cut from under my thumb, blood starting to gush out, then tiny stinging sensations rushes through me. I didn't care one bit.

My heart was beating so loud in my ears, my throat felt dry, and a lump stuck at the back of my throat. My temper spiked up, all I could see is red. I wanted to punch his head until it knocked him sense. Until he remembers who Natalia Petropoulis is.

I am seethingly mad.

He knew she's my girlfriend, that I'm dating her. How dare he!

"Are you all right?" Kaelan shot me a worried look and at the same time, confused.

"FVCK! I'M NOT!" I shot back loudly, causing all the guest that was close to us to stop from what they are doing and watch us curiously.

I didn't give a damn shit. I'm furious. No, I'm livid!

Kaelan froze. He looks utterly confused, face scrunched up, his eyes looks lost, and he really doesn't know what's going on and that only drives me so mad. How could he forget that?

"Your grace," I heard Grisha, and I felt the two bouncers behind me.

"Is something wrong, your grace?" one of them asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing," I said without bothering to look at them.

"It was just a misunderstanding," I waved them off.

"But your grace, your hand is bleeding," Grisha steps forward and stood beside me.

"This is nothing. It won't kill me," I said coldly in a dismissal tone.

"I'll come back to clean the shards then," and reluctantly left us with the bouncers.

I chuckled humourlessly, clenching and unclenching my bleeding hand mindlessly, my eyes trained onto the broken pieces of the glass. "Natalia Petropoulis," I chuckled again, less amused.

"Do you know who she is, Kaelan? I thought you're a friend?" I clenched my jaws tightly, my tone dripping with menace and at the same time, bitterness.

I looked at him. He looks lost, shaking his head momentarily. "I'm sorry, Raffy. I need more information, I'm really lost here," he said softly in a resigned voice.

I clenched my hands, averting my eyes to him, I clenched my jaw tightly as I eyed him in disdain.

Control your temper, Raffy. You're a duke, people respects you, don't ruin it! Half of my brain demanded.

Hell, it's Natalia we are talking about here. The woman I wanted to win back, the woman who wants nothing from me anymore, the woman who once loves me, but I took it for granted, and now, my friend is in the way.

Why did she go out with him?

Does she know he's my friend?

That's a low blow on my part. Hell, she's mine, and nobody can ever have her. I swear to God, I'd kill if I have I to.

I stood up, still eyeing him ferociously. I didn't care people are watching us! I want him to know that he was stepping into my territory. And Natalia is mine. All mine!