The beginning

"The most important things are the hardest to say" -Stephen King

---

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on: Twitter Emna_b_h.
Ask Emnabm2

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

The beginning:

Valencia was a girl with a very complicated past and present.

Let's face it, no one has a perfect life; most of us are struggling in this world. It's just about how much.

"We're going to play hide and seek, okay?" her mother asked, tears running down her face.

Valencia just nodded her head and closed her eyes. "Count to ten five times, then go to your father and tell him to look after me. He knows where to find me, okay sweetie?" She kissed her daughter's forehead before running away, trying her best not to turn back.

"One, two, three..."

Valencia kept on counting over and over and once she finished, she opened her eyes, smiling.

She ran to her father and jumped on his knees. "Daddy! Mum told me to tell you to reach for her. We were playing hide and seek. She's waiting for you, she said you already know where to look." She was so excited, she didn't notice how her father was looking at her. She didn't notice her mother's tears before either...

He became white; blood stopped running in his veins. For few seconds, he even forgot how to breathe. But after that, he stood up violently and walked as fast as he can to his car.

He got in and started driving.

He was too lost in his thoughts to even notice that his little daughter was also in the car. She was so excited about completing the game with her mum. She was so happy to see her mother's secret place, where she usually hid. Her body was so small to get easily noticed by her dad.

Once the car stopped, Valencia stepped out of it. There was nothing except a tree. A big one, and nothing more. The tree was the end of the mountain they drove to.

Valencia felt some contractions in her chest. She had a very bad feeling. The place sent in her body chills, and she didn't like it.

Her dad, on the other hand, advanced toward the tree. And suddenly, he stopped walking. His expressions went blank. He kept fixing something. Valencia looked at her father, worried. She didn't dare to take a step forward.

And then, he fell on his knees and held his head between his hands. In that moment, Valencia decided to go next to him.

And she saw it. She saw her mother's lifeless body. She couldn't understand. How? Why?

"Mum!" she yelled.

Her father looked at her, surprised, concerned. He didn't want his daughter to see something like that. He didn't want her to see her mother in that position, dead.

At that moment, he was vulnerable. He couldn't protect his daughter from what she's facing, he couldn't save her from the picture that will haunt her forever.

She didn't know if she should cry, laugh or crack. She didn't know if she should be destroyed or happy.

Because, in her age, she didn't understand what she saw. Her mother looked like if she was sleeping, with a dry tear on her sad cold face.

At least that's what she saw. She didn't notice- didn't want to notice the blood.

Her father was already crying silently. She just stood there and whispered, "She'll wake up. She always has been a good actress. Right, mum?"

There was no reaction.

Memories like that always haunt their owners. They'll remember how sad it was every time they were ready to smile.
That moment, that event, crashed all the past good souvenirs. That memory changed everything she had, everyone she ever knew and every mood she ever owned.

Published on the 13/02/2016