C h a p t e r 13: You're the reason

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_bm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 13: You're the reason.

"I swear to god it happened! It was amazing!" Tanya exclaimed excitedly.

Valencia didn't speak a word. The girls decided to walk her home since Zack has a different schedule.

"I felt really good after doing it... we need to party!" She sighed, remembering her happy moments.

"Tanya you just danced in a competition! At least wait until the results come. Then if you were picked, we'll party. For now, calm down, you're turning yourself into a meme." Answered Asta annoyed. Tanya was talking about the whole thing since they left the university.

Thank god I got home...

"Guys I guess I'll see you tomorrow!" Valencia waved at them and walked to the door. It's still awkward for her to walk with them without Declan around, they're not really her friend yet.

She threw her bag on the floor and walked upstairs to her room. She lay on the bed and took her phone out of her pocket.

2 messages from Declan.

What's wrong?

She tried to open it but an alert showed "Not enough phone storage space"

She let out an annoyed breath and deleted an application she never uses.

She went back and opened the message to find several pictures. She immediately tensed.

There were pictures of five men and two women.

Has Declan already done it? He didn't even tell me!

She opened the other message to find this "Hey VC! Sorry, I was so impatient so I didn't tell you! I'm going on now! Wish me luck!"

What the hell Declan?

While scrolling over the pictures, she saw one that was set in a different place.

What does their picture do here?

She was about to cry when she focused on it. It brings a lot of memories with it. It wasn't a new picture that he sent.

I miss them...

She exhaled and called Declan.

First call, second call, third call and he didn't answer. She was going to give up when she heard a weak voice "Hello?"

It was if he was sleeping or something. It was weird, it's still six pm. "Declan? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

"Valencia? Why are you calling me?" his voice was emotionless and it felt like he never wanted to do anything else more than to hang up immediately. She noticed that he didn't call her V like he used to.

"I was going to ask you how did it goes... but are you okay? Your voice is different... are you sick?"

"Valencia can you please... not talk to me. I need to clear my mind." His voice, even with the hesitation, seemed so cold, so aggressive, yet, it seemed so broken and hurt.

Valencia didn't know what was wrong. Did he find something about her past? Did he know what happened to her in the past years? Did he hate her? Is he hurt? Did something happen to him?