C h a p t e r 24: Like the bird

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 24: Like the bird.

Sometimes in life, we meet people, befriend them and experience a lot of things together, but we know nothing about them. We laugh together, cry together, but still don't know little details about them.

"Take a sit Valencia." Thomas spoke in a calm tone, and Drake relaxed a little and went to sit too.

She looked confused and kept silent, even though she was feeling frustrated.

Thomas fixed his tie and walked towards his desk. "So... I thought you're smarter to figure it out already." That smirk, yet serious face were making her nervous.

"Can you tell me what's happening already?" She questioned with a shaking voice.

"What's my last name Valencia?"

She stayed silent. She didn't know it... How didn't I question that?

"You don't know it, don't try to remember... What's my job? I can't be a wealthy man with no job, right?"

"You're a business man... and a club owner." Valencia was so unsure of her answer... but she had to answer, he helped her a lot, how can't she know some tiny details?

"I do own a club... but I'm not a business man... Remember I know a lot about law, I promised you to get you the best lawyer before, but we didn't need to get any back then, and now I'm here, in a lawyer's office... doesn't ring a bell?"

How...

"This can't be true..."

She stood there, looking at him, then at Drake, her mind stopped functioning from the information she just got. She barely blinked her eyes.

"You shouldn't be that surprised, you know? But I'm kind of surprised that you don't even know the last name of the man who was always there for you." Drake smirked at his own remark.

"Shut up Drake. Don't make her feel more awkward. Well, Valencia it'll be better if we start working now. I'll leave you enough time to understand what just happened later." He stood up and walked to his closet and took a big stack of papers.

"This is your case Valencia... I've never stopped working on it ever since I knew you. From now on, I'll tell you what to do and what not to do. If you ever were arrested, you will have to keep silent until I come...They can't force you to speak or I'll sue them. It's your right."

"And left." Drake giggled and got a harsh glare from Thomas that shut him up.

"We're serious here. Anyway Valencia... Are you ready? We'll have to remember what happened to you from the start... If you felt like passing out or even uncomfortable, tell us and we'll stop. It's your story to tell so start when you feel comfortable."

***

"Hi, Asta! It's been a while. How are you?" That was Declan. He was calling her while he was home alone. He felt alone, haunted by his guilt and discomfort... He was worried, he felt like he's getting used to being a traitor. He's afraid of ending up doing it by choice.

"Declan! Where were you, man? You didn't come to the university for a while, neither did Valencia. You're okay?"

I've been better...