C h a p t e r 47: It's Been A Long Time

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_b_h.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 47: It's Been A Long Time.

The stories we used to hear as kids about monsters and beasts, betrayal and hurt, princesses and jealous villains were never fully mythical. The wolf hiding among sheep who were oblivious of his cover, the wolf attacking and eating them, we're just like them, there's always a wolf somewhere, waiting for the best moment to attack his blind prey.

"This... this isn't the story I've been told. There was some different pieces... it makes no sense..."

"It's too late now for regret or confusion Dylan. Tell me more of what you know."

Dylan passed his hand on his face in frustration.

"The way this man works is shady. We don't know who works for him, except his right arm man. The rest of us, each one work for him individually or with their destined pair, so we don't usually know who else work for him except for ourselves, mostly and it's so rare to meet him in person."

"Is there anyone we may know that works for him that you're aware of?"

"Yeah, I guess. Euh... Declan, you know him, right? His friends were never all good, you know. I don't mean all, but one of the three; Tanya if you know her. The thing is, even though she's the only rotten apple in the squad, there's that guy Ronnie, he loves her, which always played on her favour, he tells her everything she asks about without even wondering about the reason behind her questions." He cleared his throat uncomfortably. "She doesn't know that I know her neither she knows I'm even a part of this mess." He started playing with his fingers stressed. "There's someone else, he's the real trouble."

***

"Put your hands up Declan and throw that phone away from you!"

Declan jumped upside down and turned slowly to face who he thought was his friend, holding a gun pointed at him.

"Tanya? Seriously, you?" he cleared his throat, throwing the phone on the bed, not hanging up. "Why are you in this mess, Tanya?"

She smirked as if she was mocking him. "I was never out of this mess Declan. I've been here before you even know about any of this. I mean all this..." she waved with her free hand around "is planned, mostly. I didn't think you're that kind of guys who'd go in his female friend's room without permission. I'm surprised."

"But why? I don't think Valencia ever did anything wrong to you."

"Oh you know, she's just collateral damage. I don't want her down, I want the whole family down." She yawned as if she was bored. "You know that boring quote, an eye for an eye."

He looked at her confused. What was she even talking about?

"Let's just say, her family ruined mine. I had to work my ass off to save my life, and then I got a chance to make it even better while revenging. What's better than that?"

"Wow. You need some mental help Tanya. You can't go around ruining people's lives because they were related to bad people."

"YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!" she held the gun tighter to her hand which made him back off a bit.