C h a p t e r 10: The beach

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_b_h.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 10: The beach

"Well? What's the plan?" He questioned while watching her turning in circles. She was frowning and her face looked so angry.

She always looks beautiful when she's angry... damn Declan keeps the act.

She cleared her throat which brought him to earth again. She stopped then turned to face him:" Listen, this shit is crazy so whatever I ask, trust me because I know what I'm doing... I need you to go to a restaurant, I'll give you the name later, I can't go because they may recognise me, who knows... I want you to take pictures of all the people that work there, without being suspicious... if you could know some names it'll be better. That's all."

"Care to explain why? You don't expect me to just walk in without knowing why right?"

"You don't need to know anything, it's actually for your best not to know... just trust me." She answered in a calm tone. She knows he has the right to know but if he did he may freak out and start acting suspiciously for real.

"And... this may look peculiar but I need you to wear this glasses, it has a camera in it so all you need is to push this tiny bottom so you can take photos of those men." She continued while showing him how to use it. And him, he was looking at her with the 'are you a freaking agent?' look.

He didn't dare to ask her anything. But... she scares him; the look on her face, the expression she holds, the flame that existed in her eyes, all of that was new for him, he wasn't used to it.

"Anyway, it'll be fine... Do you want to go walking in the beach? Let's forget about all of this for one minute." he asked, getting annoyed from the whole matter. He was right, they both need a break, especially her.

"It's cold, you know that we're in middle of January right?" it was weird. He's so illogic.

"I know... the beach in winter has a beautiful view." He said tenderly.

She didn't want to go, yet she accepted, just because he seemed so excited. She didn't want to remove his smile; she wanted to keep watching it as long as she's alive.

***

Valencia stepped out of the car and took a deep breath.

It was beautiful...

The remaining snow was filling the place; it seemed so calm and relaxing. The sea was a little bit agitated as if it was taking all humans pains, struggles and swallowing it deep inside. Some drops caused by splashes touched her skin, sweeping off all the fatigue effects. She smiled, looking at this thing that seemed to be so damn crazy, unstable, and cold, yet, it was so damn beautiful.

"I love this..." she breathed out.

Declan was watching her the whole time, he just answered:"Yeah... it reminds me of you V"

She didn't need to look at him to know he was smiling like an idiot to her.  

After a while, they both sit in a chair and stayed silent.

"How did you manage to move to college in the middle of the year, it's a little bit illogic you know?" questioned Declan.

"Euh... I have my ways." It sounded more like a question than a simple answer. She couldn't tell him how it's so messed up.

"I'm sorry..." he suddenly said.

Valencia frowned before asking:" What are you apologising for?"

He looked at her  before taking a deep breath:" About what happened between us three years ago."

Declan was crossing the school hall, scared that those bunch of jocks follow him. Since he was Valencia's friend, her only friend, at the age of fifteen, pupils were bullying him for being so attached to her. He was a weak boy. One day, they hit him so badly that he got blue marks on his face.

He was so humiliated so he stopped coming to school for three days. Valencia got worried and everyone starts blaming her, so she went to him to check if he was alright.

When she saw him, she was terrified, he looked horrible, it didn't feel like an act of young teenagers, it was cruel and with no mercy. She felt that it was because of her, so to stop it, she asked him to stop being friends.

He was shocked; he was ready to get beaten again for being her friend as long as it wasn't something shameful to do, as long as it makes her happy. When she told him that, he felt hurt as if HE wasn't good enough. He thought she gave up on him because he was weak. So he yelled at her to go out, he didn't answer her calls, until she just disappeared.

"It was actually my mistake, I didn't want to see them torturing you anymore just because you're my friend, I pushed everyone away when my dad died, but you stayed to protect me, and I didn't feel it was fair for you to get through all of that just to make sure they won't try it on me."

He laughed nostalgically:" I miss those days, with all the sorrow that we suffered from, we always had a way to find happiness again. Now, we're just complicating life. We try our best to ignore happy moments when the chance comes to us, we search for misery in each path we choose. I think it was way better when we didn't understand anything about life, we were doing what comes to our minds, without regretting, now even if we chose carefully we'll end up regretting. In the end, I guess sanity and madness were always synonyms..."

I hate that you're always right Declan... it causes me to feel something weird in my chest... something broken gets back to life, something which is beating with all his detached pieces... it feels saved from its own misery. I feel something I'm not supposed to feel.

"I miss them too... when everything will get over, we'll make some new good memories don't worry." She reassured him before putting her head on his shoulder. There's no need to ruin the moment with trying to not get attached. She has always been attached to him, and Zack, she can't deny it.

He was surprised, last time she was too close was in the party.

They stayed silent watching the waves cracking on the stones.

"You know that your head is heavy right. You must have a big brain." He joked but she didn't answer him.

He looked at her to know why she's ignoring him to find her sleeping. He smiled and carried her to the car.

The whole way home, he was keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't wake up. When he got there, he took her in his arms and walked toward her house.

When he opened the door, he found Zack sitting in the kitchen; he smiled at him and tried to explain to him that she's asleep. Zack just nodded and Declan took her to her room.

When he walked downstairs, Zack called him.

He stood in front of him and said:" Honestly Declan, for her own good tell me, she's hiding something from me and I don't know what... did she tell you anything?"

"..."