C h a p t e r 18:unhealed

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on: Twitter Emna_B_H.
Ask Emnabm2

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 18: unhealed.

"Mum..." his voice cracked in the end. It's been a while since the last time she called him or answered his calls.

He understood it's hard for an uneducated woman to live alone. He still wishes that she let him go with her, but it was her battle.

"My sunshine... my baby boy, how are you? Are you okay by yourself?" Concern was clear in her voice. She misses her son
it's been two years since she last saw him.

His mother wasn't an old woman. She's still in the beginning of her thirties. Even though Declan was the best thing that happened to her, the circumstances of having him weren't the best.

At the age of fourteen, she got raped by an eighteen years old young boy who had nothing to lose other than his manhood and honour. Being raised in a family full of wrong beliefs, she was forced to marry her rapist, a man she could never love, just to hide the scandal and protect the family's reputation. She tried to explain that she can't live with such a person, that it was worse than planning her death. She really did try, but no one listened to that fourteen years girl in the age of flowers. Sarcastically, the flower didn't get enough water to shine and stand still with the other flowers. They preferred to give a choice to the male who did the wrong, but not to the victim.

With a big belly, she had to say the worst words for her "Yes I do."

She got married with a legal approval of her parents. Everyone seemed to forget about the children's right to have a good childhood, a childhood to begin with. She was forced to put an end to her freedom and to hold her breath for the rest of her life. As a child, she was obliged to stop her dreams and quit school. She stopped believing in fairy tales and rainbows to take care of a man she had to call a husband.

That husband... such a gentleman.

He had beaten her whenever he got a chance. He was the reason behind two of her spontaneous miscarriages after the birth of Declan.

At a young age, she had to act like a mature woman alone and give up on that desire for childish stuff with no one to guide her. She had to take care of her baby and be the mum and the dad.

No one asked when she'll break or who to blame if she did break.

In her twenties, she started getting into a dark road of depression. She knew it, but she didn't stop herself, she was very tired to stop and think about it. It was already impressive that she survived for so many years. She just stopped talking, humming musical melodies when she's alone. She stopped begging for her husband to stop. She stopped playing with the young Declan. She fed him, put him to sleep, take him to shower... only that.

She started losing concentration. One day, she almost set a fire at home because she wasn't in her head.

They stole her virginity, childhood, freedom and her will to live.

At that time, her husband realised that she just couldn't do it anymore. Even though he hated her, he can never forget the reason. He hated her for being the one who stood in front of him when he was unfixable and drunk. He knew none of it was an excuse. He hated himself. He knew that an "I'm sorry" won't fix it. He decided to live with the guilt forever, it was an unfair painful punishment. He punished himself for what her family didn't. He knew he'll always be the bad guy in the situation. He deserved it.

The stress of feeling guilty all the time made him act so violently with her and her son. After all, he was never good at being a man. He grew up as a jerk so he had a lot to learn and no one to guide.

He took over the mission of taking care of their kid, as she couldn't do anything anymore, but that made him feel guiltier. He was already a broken jerk and seeing the look of insecurity in his child's eyes killed him despite everything. Children welcome everyone and knowing that his seven years old child is afraid of his own father wasn't making things better.

Through the years, guilt grew on him until it became unbearable. He didn't take care of his child the way his wife did. He had anger issues, he sometimes slaps him when he annoys him to insult himself for the rest of the day for being the reason behind the look in Declan's face.

He was a bad person, and even as he started to change, he never felt like he became a better human. He believed that in the eyes of the two people living with him, he'll never be and he never denied that to himself whenever he looked in the mirror.

Declan's mum didn't get better, she was just an emotionless piece of human.

The day that changed everything was the day her husband stood in front of his wife, hopeless.

She was in bed, fixing a hole in the wall. He stood in front of her, but she didn't blink an eye. He fell on his knees and spoke in such a broken voice. "I can't take this anymore. You'll always hate me I know. So I won't ask for your forgiveness."

He sighed and continued:" But I need you to know that I am sorry. I can't even describe how disgusted I feel whenever I allow myself to think. I can't even look at you in the eyes without having flashes that remind me of how I turned into a beast. I know you can never love me the way a wife loves her husband. And I know you don't deserve me to love you. I'm going to release you... I'm going to release me. I knew that in a way or another, karma was going to happen, I always did."

He stayed silent and watched her with tearful eyes before muttering his words:" I'm dying."

***

Valencia walked up to her room after managing to calm Zack.

He was getting so emotional about what happens when both of them knew it won't help.

At the end, he promised her that everything is going to be okay and that they'll start looking for a good lawyer. She didn't speak a word, she knew Thomas will find her a good one and she'll just introduce them to Zack.

Feeling uneasy, she walked to the bathroom and washed her face.

As she walked back to her room, she noticed the window was open. She rushed to close it since the wind was cold. After that, as she turned around, she saw a letter on her bad.

Frowning, she walked towards it and took it in her hands which startedshaking as she read the note in it.

***
Hi guys, how are you?

I want to thank you for the 1.91k views I still can't believe it! Yesterday it wad 1.75k! Thank you ♥

So I revealed a part of Declan's mom's past, wondering when we'll know Valencia's? *hum*

I know this hasn't a lot of new actions but wait for it.

So what's in the letter? *^*

Here's your song