C h a p t e r 39: Thorn

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_b_h.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 39: Thorn.

Blood.

It was all on the floor massively like a dropped pot of red paint.

Zack stood in front of his door feeling his knees smash on the floor as he fell, not able to take his eyes away from the body that lay down, barely moving, barely alive.

"Say I love you." He said, a grin drawn on his face.

"Dude, shoo. I hate you." She answered softly. "With all my heart and soul, with all my found and lost pieces, I hate you. I hate you the way the sun hates the moon."

"But the sun and moon are never separated."

"Well then...that's unfortunate for me." She walked closer to him, falling into his cold arms.

"Your body is never warm."

"Well you're my sun, no?"

She hugged him tight and placed her ears on his chest, listening to his heartbeats.

"Aha! I hate you like the third beat of your heartbeat rhythm." She muttered as she focused on listening.

He laughed and got his mouth closer to her head and whispered:" But my heartbeats come in pairs...."

She smiled, looking at him. Standing up on her toes, she said:" Again, unfortunate."

Silence took over as they both stayed in that position.

She enjoyed his perfume, he enjoyed her warmth.

She was about to speak something stupid but she felt some cold drop on her shoulder.

She hugged him tighter, holding onto his neck, letting him rest his head on her shoulder. She knew he'll speak without her asking.

He sighed, his breath heavy. "I'm so grateful you came into my life, Kylie. Thank you for existing." He kissed her neck and she shivered. "Your hugs are really addictive. Your laugh brings back pieces of my soul I have given up." A heavy breath was out followed by:" I hate you more."

She caressed his hair softly, letting his tears wash the ugly sides of her.

In a low voice, she finally admitted:" I do love you though."

Fuck this mess.

Drake whispered through his bloodish teeth as he kept coughing blood for Zack to go in and close his door.

Zack was zoning out but the painful cry he heard made him close the door without a second thought as Drake used the last power he had to yell:" Close and lock the damn door!"

Zack took his phone between his shaking hands and called the ambulance.

Minutes passed as he was trying to calm himself.

I'm a coward.

He thought about how less of a human he felt, leaving someone to die outside while he was protecting himself behind a closed door.