C h a p t e r 52: Forever

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_b_h.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 52: Forever

"You're killing me right now... I hope you know that." A faint voice echoed in Valencia's mind while she was in deep sleep.

She lifted her head surprised to find that she was sleeping on his chest, close to his wounds.

She looked at him chocked as he smiled to her with all the power he got.

She immediately jumped off her chair.

Her mind was blank as she ran to the door trying to look for any doctor. She started yelling for help as tears ran down her face until she was unable to get any voice out.

As nurses came rushing followed by doctors, they asked her to get out so that they can do their job calmly. A nurse nicely gave her Raymond who was now awake, looking everywhere, curiosity filling his eyes.

She looked at the time and inhaled a deep breath.

She was asleep there for around four hours. Remembering all of that made her feel exhausted as if she didn't sleep for weeks, which was also the case.

She walked back to the waiting room, looking behind her every now and then.

She saw Thomas and the rest sitting, next to them were Declan and Asta.

She didn't understand. She advanced towards them and they all looked up at her.

She noticed the tears that didn't dry yet on Declan's face. She opened her mouth to ask what was up, but Thomas stopped her midway. "You'll know later. It's too much for you."

"Ethan woke up. And... and... I remember, how can I forget such thing? Why didn't you guys remind me?"

"You said he woke up? Thank god! We'll let the doctors do what they can now..." he passed his hand through his face. "It's no one's place to remind you. You were going through a lot and you were having trouble accepting half the reality, let alone the whole reality... it was up to you to remember."

Declan stood up suddenly and advanced towards her. "Can I hold... can I hold him?" his tears still welled up.

She smiled at him and nodded.

"I want to know what happened though." She faced Thomas "I don't want to know things in delay anymore, please tell me."

But it was Declan who spoke, while playing with Raymond, trying to control his tears. "Ronnie died. Tanya shot him, and she's dead too..."

Thomas sighed and added. "And Drake is here too, in a different room. He isn't in a really good shape, but he will be okay."

"We will be okay too..."

***

*a week and a half later*

They were all standing in silence as they said goodbye to Ronnie.

Saying goodbye is one of the hardest things for all living creatures. For us, it's a goodbye to the other person's smiles, presence, hugs, tears, words, feelings, smell and existence.

It's never easy to know that someone who was taking space on this land will be taking space below it.

"You both are still covering, you shouldn't have come. Thomas whispered to Ethan and Drake who were both still bandaged.

"We had to." Both of them said in the same time.

The past days were intense for everyone. The police were investigating the case more deeply. They found out another basement they used to keep weapons and drugs.

They took down those who participated in all crimes, waiting for their trials to begin, but it was safe to say none of them will be out anytime soon.

Thomas wasn't getting any sleep since he was a part of it.

Valencia was fixing her relationship with Ethan and Zack was trying to accept that new history of hers.

Everyone was trying to learn how heal from their wounds, or at least try to learn how to live with them.

Thomas backed up Dylan in court, and he was found innocent, but had to do community service for two years. As for Valencia's mother, she was found innocent and the murder committed was taken as a self-defence.

Declan's mother moved back with him to help him get through the pain.

Everyone was trying to process what happened, everyone was trying to set themselves free.

In the silence, in the prayers for Ronnie's soul, Valencia looked in the sky, smiled with tears in her eyes and whispered to the wind.

"We are free now Kayle... we are."

And I wish you found peace Tanya, somewhere, up there, I wish you'll find the love you deserve.

We all face hardships. We don't have to judge people, or think that revenging will get us anywhere.

Just breathe, and be a good person, be a good human.

When life turns to be unfair, we just got to breathe and believe it'll be okay.

Because all you got to do is Believe.

You will be okay.

You will move on.

You will be happy.

You will have a beginning before you reach

The End.