C h a p t e r 34: The Court

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on:

Twitter Emna_B_H.

Ask.fm Emnabm2

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 34: The Court.

Not everything goes the way we want, and not everyone will stay by our sides forever. Sometimes, a tender wind blow may blow away the happiness within, a word can shatter dreams and hopes, a lie can bury souls and a secret can damage lives.

It was the day Declan will stand in front of people; a judge, a crashed crush, lawyers and others.

It was the day Valencia waited for so she can get out of the disgusting cell.

The previous days passed so slowly, so much tension and doubts, but Valencia believed, she believed she will be sent home this day.

Zack wasn't feeling well, his stomach was aching and he felt like throwing up since he woke up. He wore a jacket with shivering hands, looked at himself in the mirror and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He wasn't ready, to see his sister standing in front of a judge, being accused of murder. He just wanted to lie on the couch with his sister next to him, watching a movie, forgetting all the stress that was running through their veins, forgetting their conflicts and the pain they kept digging for.

Drake was observing Thomas who was running through his documents massively, shaking his legs. Stress has worn them all like skin, unsteady thoughts and tired minds.

"Let's get her the fuck out of there," Drake whispered, wearing his tie and fixing his jacket.

"Let's hope for the best, I couldn't come up with what they can use in order to prove she's guilty, but also I can't come up with evidence to prove her innocence, this case is really stupid to even exist" Thomas sighed, passing his hand through his hair. In the past few days, he met with Valencia and he promised her that tonight she'll be sleeping in her bed. He told her to leave it all to him.

I believe in you guys. She thought, walking in the court's hall.

"Kylie!" Valencia cried as she watched her friend use her body to shield her. Seeing the bullet going through her head, her body falling cold immediately, made her feel unsteady for a while as she heard Drake's yells for her to move.

"It's not the time to doze off! Valencia and Kylie move it," as he was shouting that, his eyes followed where Valencia was looking and his heart fell out cold.

She looked at him as he froze in his spot, looking as if he was the one who got killed. She listened to the chaos behind her, feeling home more than ever for the first time, feeling that she deserves to be in that place. Guilt started scratching her soul and for a while, she imagined how happy the world would be if she was the one dead.

But it wasn't the right time; she leaned and carried her friend on her back. The weight was hurting her back but she didn't care. She passed next to Declan, tears slipping on her cheeks, as she whispered a sorry that came out more like a whimper. Her friend's blood was now sliding down Valencia's neck and back as if it was her own. She didn't want to focus on that, or the pain, not yet. That's when Drake seemed to gain his conscious back and started running again, surpassing Valencia, leaving the sight that ruined him behind, unable to look at what used to make his heart beat, dead, with no beating heart.