C h a p t e r 14: Drained of all colour

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_bm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 14: Drained of all colour.

The world started to fade away, draining of all colours but hers, before she follows the lead and become a part of the world he tried to build all his life. The uncoloured world starts falling apart rock by rock, blocking his way, preventing him from being next to Valencia.

Did it make me a dangerous person when I asked for a favour to revenge mum?

Her words kept replaying in his mind over and over. Will it make me a liar if I lied to protect my mum?

One of the worst feelings, the worst situation you may find yourself in is the one where you have to choose between two important things and damage the other, the damage that can never be repaired.

Why didn't I wait until I got another idea? A third option...

He didn't recognise the Valencia who stood in front of him. She wasn't the happy one, neither the angry one. She was hurt and confused why would she feel that, like someone who forgot they can still feel pain.

He hated it. He needed something.

What happened to him?

Valencia kept questioning herself. Declan looked so unusual, so emotional, so broken, so lost.

His face was all beaten up. Her heart fell down as she led her eyes on him. She kept questioning herself about his scares; did they beat him? Did they threaten him? She knew she had to call Thomas to tell him to condense the surveillance at Declan's mum, since she's the only one that matters to him.

The only one...

Valencia knew she'll get to talk to him again, and everything will be fixed. Until then, she'll protect him even if it caused her a lot.

She shouldn't have gotten him involved. He's not used to those situations. He doesn't know how to win time, how to answer or how to act. She knew all of that and yet she sent him. She thought that since he didn't know a thing, he'll act naturally and not be suspected by any of them.

She was stupid.

He asked her about her past, he wanted to know, but it's still too early to let him know. He's not able to control his feelings. He's still not strong enough. He's still judgmental. She can't trust him yet.

She wanted to tell him though, even if he said some real painful words, she understood him, but there's a big difference between understanding and trusting. And that's why she won't tell him. She'll just protect him.

Valencia felt that someone was watching her. It sent shivers to her skin. She turned around to see if there was someone but she was alone in the street. The cold wind hit her skin made her tremble even more. She held her jacked much closer and continued walking.

The streets always makes her feel unsecure when she walks it alone. It's an open place, a scary place where anything bad can happen in any minute.

Walking the streets alone is a perfect moment to start thinking deeply about things she should never remember, getting stuck in her mind alone when she's lonely in the street is like getting a bath full of water and drowning even if she had the chance to save herself, from herself, she won't be able to.