C h a p t e r 1: Coming back home

"One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else." -Unknown

---

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_b_h.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 1: Coming back home

Valencia was a very sweet, nice girl.

Everyone loved her. She was the type of kids who are always smiling and trying to help.

But when she realised what it means to die, what it means to lose your mother and father, she changed. When she lost her mum, she didn't feel sad. 'Till now, she tries to convince herself that her mum is still asleep. But her father's death, that event was the one that pushed her down. He was drunk, he got into a fight and what meant to happen happened.

At least that's what the police said.

The silent Valencia became the broken, shocked, silent Valencia and that got her big brother Zack worried.

Even when he wakes up at 4 am, he'd find her awake, looking at the wall. Someday, he finds her crying.

So he sent her away for years to forget.

But what he didn't know was that in those years, everything a mind can imagine and a heart can't accept happened to her. Everything that can destroy the strongest soul, she's been through it.

When she finally decided to come back to the town, she came back as a new person, as a new Valencia.

We, humans, we change when we feel uncomfortable when we find out that our personalities get hurt easily.

As for her, she didn't change because she felt uncomfortable, but because she hated herself.

And what's worse than hating yourself?

She was holding her bag, standing in front of the airport waiting for her brother to come.

Even if she was so indifferent, she still missed her brother.

After everything that happened in the past three years, she just wanted to hug him tight and never let go. She needed to feel secure.

She needed to feel normal.

It was freezing outside, the wind was whispering in people's minds to hide in their shelters, blowing to show how strong he was, how much people should be afraid of him. That blowing wind was taking with him the raindrops, making them dance and go in different directions, creating a beautiful harmony; such an enchanting combination of the seen and the unseen.

"Valencia!" someone cried, which made her turn.

He was her brother, no doubt. He became much more handsome. His body was way more muscular than before. His smile could make any girl melt. He felt like home.

She couldn't believe her eyes. Finally.

He hugged her until she couldn't breathe anymore.

"I missed you," he whispered.

She was about to cry but she stopped herself. "I missed you even more," she succeeded to pronounce.

"You grew up sister! I think I need to prepare myself to chase boys away," he added.