C h a p t e r 20: What's that?

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 20: What's that?

He stood there stone faced.

She stood there with a blank expression.

I'm crazy... speak a word you freaking mouth.

Declan was the first to draw a sad smile on his face and she did the same right after him, but each one was sad about something.

I'm here to betray someone I just want to hold in my arms. Valencia, I'm sorry.

I'm going to put you in more trouble Declan. I'm sorry.

"Hi V..." He spoke first but his voice betrayed him.

She kept focusing him. His face isn't bruised anymore which made her feel more relieved, but something was off, he looks pale. It was a bit expected though since he must be tired.

She took few steps towards him until few inches separated them.

She looked down and throw her hands around his neck and hugged him.

"I missed you. I really need you right now and I thought you'll never come back ever again." She muttered.

He tensed at first, taken by surprise. Damn V don't throw yourself like that. Guilt... damn that feeling.

He ended up hugging her back, smelling her hair as her sent overwhelmed him, shielding him from the monsters in his mind.

"You've been always using the same shampoo I guess." He joked with a teasing smile. He couldn't forget that delicious smell. It was like a drug to him before.

Valencia blushed at his comment before letting out a small laugh. "No... When I was away, I didn't find that shampoo, but when I got here I found out that Zack brought it." It makes her happy when people remember little things about her. It makes her happy for a moment... just a moment.

"Ehm... well... It seems like a new habit to hug in front of our houses' doors after fighting." Declan commented with no humour in his voice, yet, that smile was still frozen in his face.

Valencia just nodded her head and closed the door after letting him in.

"Eh... I'm sorry about what happened." He declared to her with a worried expression.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too." She even forgot what he told her that day. She was scared for him.

"So... we're good?" He questioned, concerned.

She nodded her head reassuring him.

Now with everything settled. How am I supposed to bring the subject?

She sighed. I'll tell him later this day, just not now.

"Do you want to do something? We definitely need to catch up." Declan suggested with a warm smile, a fake one that burnt his insides, putting him in eternal misery.

"You'll be her best friend again and you'll make her reveal her worst side. Let her tell you who are her friends and enemies. Win her confidence and don't judge her, even if you did, don't show her. Be comprehensive but tell me every word she tells you. That's all you need to do to keep your mama safe."