C h a p t e r 32: One Sheep

You can always follow me on:

Twitter Emna_B_H.

Ask.fm Emnabm2

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 32: One Sheep.

Declan closed his eyes and kept whispering "One sheep, two sheep, one sheep, two sheep." hoping it'll ease his stress and that's when the doorbell rang.

Dylan shifted from his position and looked at him. "Are you expecting someone?"

"I don't know, but maybe one of my friends is passing by."

"Hmm, okay go open the door, act cool and I will be in the kitchen." Dylan turned his back and said in a serious tone "Don't you dare say anything that may lead both of us to death. Find excuses for anything unexpected."

Declan nodded, feeling his fists clench.

He walked to the door and put his hand on the doorknob and noticed how they were shaking.

Stupid hands, why are you shaking?

As he opened the door he came face to face with Thomas and Drake.

Thomas eyed him and gave Drake a quick glance.

He looks tired...

"Hello, my name is Thomas Hans and I happened to be Valencia's lawyer... I wan-"

"Why is she hiring a lawyer already?" Declan asked confused.

"Let's go inside and talk."

He didn't wait for any response; he just walked in followed by Drake who was observing everything carefully.

"You ca- can sit on the couch if you want."

Thomas smiled politely and did as he was told.

"So let's make this short. I'm sure you've heard of Arthur's murder and that Valencia was their first suspect. Unluckily now due to some circumstances, she's officially under arrest since all the evidence are against her." He lifted his head and looked at him in the eyes. "Our meeting right now is illegal but I'm just letting you know that you'll receive a letter soon to come give your statement in the court when it'll be held, soon hopefully. Valencia already told us that you've been with her the day of the murder and that's already a good thing we can start with, and at least then I can ask for delaying the case and setting her free for lack of evident evidence against her."

I was with the corpse the day of murder... I knew this will come, but why did it have to be soon...

Declan's gaze was lost while he was looking at his hands, controlling them to not leave claw marks as he clenched his fists.

These hands... these dirty hands...

"Of course I'll do it... Valencia was and still my best friend..." and crush.

He still remembers her perfume the day she showed up after three years of no calls, no existence... He still remembers how his heartbeats had beaten like there's no tomorrow, how his sorrow was washed as if it never existed. He still remembers that his feelings didn't die, not even when he found a new Valencia. He remembers he still loves her even when he got himself in her mess.

He also remembers how he's betraying her. He remembers that he had the choice but submitted to fear instead.

"Okay, then it's cool. Thank you for your cooperation, we both know she didn't do it and she deserves better. I'll be going now." He stood up and was about to walk when Drake spoke up.

"Tell your friend not to hide in the kitchen next time. He or she could've stayed here it's not like it's a secret if they know how to keep this visit a secret between us."

Declan went white at his remark. Fuck I need an excuse quick.

"Ehm, she's not wearing something decent and you guys came out of nowhere." He was frightened of getting caught.

Drake raised an eyebrow and whispered: "I see..." before walking out.

That was so close...

***

I want to meet him... but then what? I was so emotional about it to even ask her how it happened or who's the father.

I'm an idiot...

He passed his hand through his face and let out a heavy sigh... "My sister is arrested and all I cared about is pointing out something because I was emotionally upset. What are you hiding Val?..."

It was four in the morning when Zack woke up from a disturbing dream. It's been always that way, but he got used to it. He had to be responsible and strong for his sister.

She had it worse than me since she's the one who saw our mother's dead body -he thought.

He stood up from the bed and went to the kitchen to drink some water, but on his way, he heard sobbing. He hesitated to walk inside her room. He was questioning why she was awake and crying at that time.

He put his head on the door, trying to understand what she was muttering in between her sobs.

"It hurts... it hurts..."

His heart ached as he listened to her.

"It does..." He whispered before he walked away.

He was determinate to find a solution to for, if she's in pain like that, he needed to find a way to help her.

"What if I decided to leave it to time..."

Sometimes, while we're trying to help people, we make easy choices with awful circumstances.

He wanted to know what happened to Valencia when he sent her away, how did she get pregnant, was it by choice, a boyfriend maybe?

He realised how little he knows about his own sister.

In his father's sober days, after his wife's death. He used to sit next to his son, a cup of coffee in his hand. He'd look at Zack and tell him in a gentle calm voice: "I see her mother in her, but I don't see myself and that scares me to death. They're so alike and I'm seeing her grow up to be a copy of her mum with a touch of originality. Please, keep an eye on her, and don't let her out of your sight. People like your mum and sister as easily damaged but it'll hardly show on them."

"I guess I failed you father... I may be too late now." Zack mumbled.

***

"Guess I was meant to live as a loner sheep... One sheep...One sheep...The end."

***

I'm so sorry for the delay, you know I can get busy, with putting in balance my studies, social life, writing, ambassador responsibility and also taking care of my emotional state it's hard to find time to write.

Forgive me ♥

To be honest, I'm looking forward to the next chapters because *evil laugh* it's gonna be so messed up.

WINTER IS COMING BE READY!

Oh and also, did any of you read November 9? I'm currently reading it and I JUST WANNA CRY RIGHT NOW... I'm in the fourth November for now... if you didn't YOU HAVE TO...

SEE YOU SOOON!!! LOVE YOU ALLLL

The usual song ♥