C h a p t e r 4: I despise you

"You can't break if you're already broken. But damn those pieces can still shatter." -unknown

---

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on:

Twitter Emna_b_h.

Ask.fm Emnabm2

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 4: I despise you

The fight between what we want and what we need never ends. We can't get both of them; we always need to sacrifice something.

In a matter of seconds, without even realising it, we can find ourselves in a situation where we have to choose between our lives and our happiness, which sound like a situation where you ironically have no choice, yet the hardest fight is the one between our happiness and our happiness.

You may ask, "What the hell are you talking about?" Well, there's an eternal happiness and a short-term one. Sometimes, we can't tell the difference, so we choose the wrong one and end up locked in eternal misery.

Our choices may lead us to lose sleep, words or even emotions. They may even lead us to lose ourselves.

***
Even though both of them didn't see each other for three years, there was still this strong connection between both of them that started to exist ten years before she even goes away.

Valencia was taking a shower while Declan was pacing in her room, waiting for her. He needed to tell her about what was happening inside of his chest; he needed to tell her about the feeling he had been holding in since he was a ten-year-old boy.

Oh my god, I'm going insane. What if I screw up everything? What if she freaks out?

Valencia, on the other hand, was staring at the wall of the shower while trying to remember what had happened yesterday. Every time she closes her eyes, she sees a cigar, only a cigar.

Focus... Try to focus...

Images start to appear again; she remembered the boy who was holding the cigar and herself, beating him, but everything after that wasn't clear in her head, but her mind didn't take her to the right path, memories of yesterday came out with some old memories she wanted to forget. She held her head between her hands.

"She's beautiful! I want to mark my property!" And he took h—

"Stop!" she whispered, holding her head harder.

A punch, a kick, a slap.

"Please just stop..." She starts sobbing under the shower.

"Man, look at her! She's pathetic!"

She opened her eyes and looked wildly around her, terrified.

What have I done? Oh my god, I hate boys! Everything wrong that happened in my life included a male. E. V. E. R. Y. T. H. I. N. G. I need to let this go. Why! Why are they so mean! Why are they always reaching for their own satisfaction without a second thought? They're just arrogant, selfish, dumb creatures.

She put away her towel and walked out of the bathroom to find Declan sitting on her bad.

When someone isn't is his right condition, they may say things and think of things they never wants to say.