C h a p t e r 16: Innocent murderer

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 16: Innocent murderer.

When you compare the mirrors to humans, you'll find that they're both so alike; fragile, but harmful.

We break down, into pieces, falling apart, creating a mess hard to clean. Mirrors reflects our pictures, and once it's broken, our reflection breaks along with it. It turns into sharp pieces that hurt others; people who want to help you get back together.

That illusion you see as the mirror is falling apart, you breaking, is just a reflection of what's happening inside of you. Your mind usually knows that, but your heart will keep convincing you that it's just a reflection of a body, nothing more, nothing less.

Now, have you ever wondered what the difference was between that shattered mirror and the human standing in front of it?

The mirror falls apart, gets broken, but can get back to how it used to, if it came in the hands of a creative man. It just falls down taking with it all the images it ever reflected but the memories will always stay safe. But a human can never be broken into pieces voluntarily, he'll remain still, just feeling himself falling, dying in pain, and he'll keep standing in one piece because what happened to the mirror happened to him in his imagination, and imagination can never be touched to be fixed.

What makes us break? Bad relationship, the lake of confidence or good memories that no longer exist?

***

It was simple back then when her father and mother were alive. She calls them when she wants to wear something. She calls them when she wants to go to the toilet. She even calls them when she wakes up in the middle of the night thirsty.

It was easy back then... when she didn't understand anything. Sometimes ignorance has its benefits.

It was easy when all she knew was being happy and warm in her home, surrounded by her happy family.

But it didn't stay easy anymore once the only thing that kept her smile disappeared. It became hard, when one number goes away, a part of the others goes away with it. When one of them dies, a part of the rest dies along with it.

Losing important things in life is like cutting a bird's wings and telling them how beautiful is the feeling of flying.

Valencia was fortunate, she had a good friend by her side to keep her focused on the good side.

Declan was by her side.

You may ask, what can a five years old kid know about life? Ask them about the most important things in this world, ask them about their dreams. Their answers will always be true and noble. After all, what do WE know about life?

In the funeral, Declan was standing by her side, a flower in his hand. He was looking at Valencia. The poor child was focusing the grave as if it was a criminal in front of her.

"Why would she sleep in there? She'll get cold. Dad, why does she want to sleep there? Our home is warmer and bigger."

Her dad committed silence, letting his tears fall apart. He didn't dare to look at his child. How will he explain to her death? Zack on the other side was sobbing and Valencia was looking at her father hoping for an answer.