C h a p t e r38: The Crown

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 38: The Crown.

They say there is always more than one side of every person you come across in your lifespan; the side everyone knows, even strangers, the side close people are aware of a certain degree of it and the side no one knows, sometimes not even the person themselves.

Nowadays when people hear the word heartbreak they immediately think it's related to a romantic relationship.

Little did they know that heartbreaks aren't based on that; a heart can shatter, split in two or get wounded...

It's different.

I hate what's happening. I just want to go home.

In this massive world, disasters happen daily and pain is caused to everyone.

In this world, girls go missing every day, disappearing into the memories of the living to end up forgotten.

In this life, no one looks at the back-story of these ruined girls. After all, no one cares about that since they're able to judge with no effort.

She believed.

She certainly believed for a while that it'll all end soon whether with her waking up and finding out it was all a nightmare or with her finding a way out.

She kept her gaze up, looking in front of her as the man capturing her was taking her back to his men. Her eyes were not expressing any sort of emotion when in reality she was a volcano waiting to explode.

Their steps were steady, followed by the silence of those inside as they noticed the man coming in with her.

Her eyes fell immediately on the dead body on the floor and she gasped her eyes wide as her face turned pale.

He smirked at her expression and said:" You know Valencia, I adore poetry. My dear mother used to read some for me before I fall asleep."

He didn't wait for her response. He knew she's already biting her tongue to stop herself from crying."

"I love this one. I forgot many old poetries but this was stuck in my mind.

A pale flower thrown on the floor,

A queen has lost her crown,

Life can't be as easy as opening a door,

The queen's face now only shows her frown,

The queen was a flower, who asked for more,

With no crown, she became the talk of the town,

Apparently, the queen was a whore,

Who deserved to finally break down.

You see, it took me ages to understand that the queen lost her crown in one man's house while she was whoring around and we all know it can't be possible that he'll give it back to her with no sacrifices. You already lost your crown too and it'll be such shame to stay crownless, but it's too late for you, you can no longer take it back."

He bent down and passed his finger on the blood on the floor and when he got closer to Valencia and put his finger close to her nose.

He was enjoying the terror she was showing so he whispered in a low menacing voice:" Smell it. Sniff it. Smell this blood because it's now on you since you caused this."