C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii.

Betrayal isn't something we can anticipate or predict. It just comes out of nowhere, hits you on you weakest spot and smash your trust into pieces.

Valencia felt cold... so cold. Her blood turned to ace and the weight of her heart seemed too heavy to carry inside of her, she wanted to rip it apart.

She didn't want to look at him, yet she was looking right in his eyes. She wanted him to look back, to see the pain she's not bothering to hide.

Zack was sitting in the back. He stood up violently and started cursing at Declan while advancing. "You're a fucking coward and a jerk! And most of all you're a liar!"

Before he can get to him, two guards held him and took him outside, that's when his eyes fell on his sister who just gave him a simple smile a sad, unreal fake smile.

She felt so frozen, that she didn't even erase the smile from her. She just stood up and started clapping at Declan, smiling, with the handcuffs, she just kept clapping.

He was looking down the whole time, not even blinking. He was afraid if he moves he'll all fall into pieces too. He wanted to cry, scream, to vanish and disappear.

And at that moment, she wished he does.

Thomas and Drake were glancing at each other. Thomas took a deep breath, closed his eyes then whispered to Valencia to sit down.

"Please calm down everyone and let this court session proceed."

"Don't give up yet Valencia," Thomas muttered, unsure of his own words.

"Do you have anything else to add?" The judge asked Thomas who just shook his head. Everyone already lost faith in him today, it'd be hard to convince the judge and the jury today.

I just want to know how much they paid him.

"Mss Valencia, can you please come here now."

Declan stood up, and as she passed next to him followed by guards, he murmured in a low shaking voice:" I'm sorry."

She just chuckled and sat where he was sitting.

The judge looked at her and said:" This is your last chance to tell us where you were the day of the murder."

She didn't speak, she just looked at the jury and the people who came for the court session for the murder of one person they all loved and lost. She didn't wipe off her smile because if she does, who knows in what way she'll break.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. As she opened her mouth to talk, she heard the door open and a baby saying: "Mommy!"

Her eyes went wide open as she observed the baby who was held by some man. She wandered her eyes around him to notice he's also followed by other men, definitely not Thomas'.

When her eyes fell on him, he smirked and just showed her his arm. As she noticed his tattoo, she stood up immediately which caused Thomas and few people to follow her gaze.

"That son of a bitch..."Thomas whispered, standing up.

'"Order, please! Newcomers please take a seat and keep quiet."