C h a p t e r 49: Revealing

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_b_h.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 49: Revealing.

"Let's reach a safe place first." Her mother spoke as she drove the car.

Lilli was looking at Valencia all the time, watching for her, afraid she'll crack as her face went through all colours ever since she saw her mother.

Valencia's mind felt like a broken record, repeating over and over the history she witnessed with her five years old eyes.

How can I be wrong? How can we all be wrong?

The car stopped in front of a house that warmed Valencia's heart.

She didn't wait for her mother to say anything, she went out directly in slow steps.

She turned and faced her mother. "Does he know?"

Her mother smiled sadly and nodded. "I had to pass by and talk to him before I come to you."

She advanced and her heart contracted. Last time she saw him, things weren't okay at all, she was so mad, so hurt...

Her mother stepped in front of her to open the door.

Valencia went in, looking around, it smelled, looked, felt like home. She missed it more than she did in the past three years.

She didn't look at anyone with her, not even her own mother. She went directly upstairs.

She missed her brother, she missed her son.

Her room door was slightly open and as she got in, she found them lying on the bed.

At the sound of her steps, he turned and faced her.

"Valencia..." his voice cracked as he stood up slowly, trying to not wake up Raymond.

He almost stumbled and fell as he woke up from bed.

She didn't wait for him to make a move, she just took a big step and jumped in his arms, sobbing.

All her emotions got out in her sobbing.

He didn't know what to say. He couldn't say anything even if he wanted to. He felt as if someone was choking him.

They just kept crying together. Each one of them muttering millions of apologies.

A small movement stopped both of them as Valencia got out of his grip softly and looked where her son was sleeping.

Her heart was pounding inside of her with each breath Raymond was taking. He looked so innocent, so peaceful. Just looking at him gave her the energy she needed to know that things will be okay.

She sat on the edge of the bed, suddenly feeling old, as if she wasn't a nineteen years old teenager. She passed her hand over his hair.

His hair wasn't like hers, it was black and a bit curly, and it gave her a feeling of nostalgia and a piercing in her heart she couldn't understand.

"Remember Valencia..."

"Valencia... you need to talk to mum... we can talk after this is all over, but you'll need to hear her out now... because things are messed up now and you'll need to know what's happening while we're here."