C h a p t e r 21: Owned2L

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_bm2.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 21: Owned2T

She flinched at the unfriendliness of his voice.

It's impressive how actors can fake emotions when acting, they fake love, hate, depression, anger and even betrayal. They fake what makes us feel real, and Valencia hated that, because her, she couldn't fake anything.

She bit her lips scared of what will come next. Will she lie, or say it, expose the hidden truth?

"Owned2L? What does that mean? "

Valencia, think... think...

"What?" It came out in a weak voice he can barely hear.

Win time...

"What what? You used to tell me before that you hated tattoos, you said it's something that will grow with you, something that can't be removed and the meaning behind will always chase you. And now here you have a tattoo on your neck. What does owned2L mean V? It's not even a tattoo that makes sense when you see it."

You're hiding so much... why won't you tell me V?

She sighed deeply and turned around. "Why would you care? It's nothing. It's a mistake."
And I know it will follow me to my last breath. I know that... not only that will follow. It's against my will Declan...

"A mistake? What does it mean?" He can know from the way she was avoiding eye contact that she's still hiding something.

"Owned to life because life owns me, it takes everyone I love from me, but keeps me here because it can." She whispered, her lies stuck in her throat, scratching it, giving her what she thinks she deserves for lying to him.

Fortunately, her lies seemed to shut him up.

That's good... she needs to trust me again... for my mother's sake. I'm sorry V but making you trust me is one of the things I need to do.

He didn't know that his mother was already kept safe since Thomas' men are keeping an eye on her. He didn't know that betraying Valencia wasn't a good solution and she didn't know he was doing it, she just saw in him her old best friend and old innocent crush that was crushed and gone.

He didn't know what to say, but she started talking again.

"Forget about it... I need to tell you something." She felt anxious about what will come next. How will she explain to him that he needs to testify that she was with him the day of the murder? How will she explain that it's the only way to make her less suspected?

Will he understand? Did he know that Arthur is dead? Will he testify? Will he put himself in danger and stress to prove that I'm innocent?

"I'll make it short... did you hear that someone killed Arthur?" She asked now sitting on the edge of the bed while playing with her fingers.

He tensed. What about Arthur? Did she know I helped? Will she go and tell the cops? Mum will get hurt, she will get hurt...

He lost his voice, so he just nodded his head hesitantly. He was so scared and yet disgusted of the image that kept coming in his vision.

"Yeah well... I know there's a lot of things you don't know about me... and you remember when you went to the restaurant to collect information about the man who raped my mother... I think that he somehow figured it's me, and he's after me... He played it well, and now... I'm suspected of being the murderer. The police have no exact proof that's why I'm walking free but if things stay like this, I will eventually go to jail, if I'm correct, whoever is behind this has all means to fake many evidences."

She took a deep breath and he remembered to breathe.

All because of me... I'm so sorry V...

"And now... you are my only way out... you're the only one I was with the day of the murder. I know you must be shocked... I swear I didn't do anything and I really need you now. They said it was around the day I gave you the glasses and asked you to do that stupid mission."

Wrong... the murder happened after that day.

He didn't know what to say. Valencia was begging him, fear written in her eyes. The girl he... who used to be his best friend is scared, which is something she didn't show a lot ever since she came back.

Was she afraid of losing against that man, of being accused of something she didn't do or was it something else?

What can I say? What if that man gets angry when I say yes? But... will I handle the look on her face if I said no?

Nothing is worse than being in a position where you'll have to choose between losing someone or... keeping them around based on lies.

He let a frustrated sigh and passed his hand through his hair.

I'll say yes. I'll help her, and I'll explain to that man that it's so I can win her trust.

"What's this question V? You're one of the most precious people in my life. Of course, I'll help you. And I'm sorry that this happened to you. You don't deserve any of it."

You really don't...

At his words, she stood up and hugged him. She whispered quietly a thank you. She knew it won't be easy even with his agreement, but at least it feels good to know that he's by her side.

That broke his heart.

That shattered his soul.

He knew how much it means to her, and he also knew that he helped in putting her through all this misery.

When is this going to end?

***

Zack opened the door and let Ethan and Dylan in. He was perplexed and he was looking at them lost, waiting for them to ask him what's wrong.

They just followed him to his room before he shut down the door.

"So... what's wrong?" Ethan asked as he threw himself on Zack's bed.

Dylan just followed him and waited for Zack to speak. Instead of that, he took a paper out of his pocket and gave it to them.

"You tell me... I'm not capable of thinking anymore." He smiled weakly at them.

Dylan starts reading the paper and his expression was falling and turning into a frown with every line he read.

"What's this?"

"I found it in my room when I walked in..."

Take a good look at your 'Vall'

She'll lead you to a long hall.

Flowers weren't meant to drink water

Unless they wanted to grow faster.

Murderer isn't always the one who kills

It's the person that can't sleep without pills.

"I think you should ask Valencia," Ethan suggested. He felt that something like that only one person can answer which is obviously her.

"No. I think I need to make some research on her. I feel like I no longer know my sister" He corrected, unsure of himself.

Val, I hope you're not hiding a catastrophe in that hall of yours.

***
Hello guys! Thank you for the 5k views ♥

So I have a question for you:

Who's the character that you hate the most?

(You can answer here or on my Twitter account [Emna_bm2])

Enjoy and tell me what you think of the book so far.

♥♥♥