C h a p t e r 27: Envelope

Thanks DoveReign for the amazing cover💞💞

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 27: Envelope. 

*Few days later*

If you close your eyes and try to remember a fresh memory of yours, something simple as you eating snacks with a friend, or you talking about an exam, you'll see that once that past was your present, and as much as you try to feel its presence all over again, you'll fail.

You can never go back in time, even a second back. 

Sometimes, when we remember how innocent and pure we were, we wish for a second to get back there and just relive it for few moments. 

As we live, we see and experience things, we get hurt and the pain may sometimes get unbearable, we may be used, feel small and wrong.

And we won't always find someone around, some things are meant to be fought alone.

And of course, dreams... We all dream big when we're kids; pilots, doctors, engineers etc... But not all of us get to make those dreams come true. Some just get shuttered and fade in front of you. Other dreams may get lost, and we'll give up on the others.

If I knew I'd end up being a criminal, I wouldn't dream big as a child.

Declan was still trying to act like usual, but whenever he closes his eyes, he only sees blood, body parts, a head of a nice person. He still smells the stinky smell that hit his nose back then, he still feels his tears running down his face as the other guy was telling him to man up.

If he only found a way other than betraying his friend, he'd know by now that his mother is already protected.

He heard his door bell ringing... If he only knew what was waiting for him.

***

"Miss Valencia Davids, this is your investigation invite, you've been called again to look in Arthur's crime details, for your sake I hope you come in time." The police officer said as he handed her an envelope. 

She stood there for few seconds, trying to understand what just happened. 

Zack was walking out of the kitchen and he noticed his sister standing there not moving.

"What's that Val?" 

"Uh... another invite to the police station." She answered in a deadpan voice, walking past him.

At that moment, he didn't ask any other question, he starts understanding her a bit more. Valencia doesn't talk about things she doesn't want to talk about. 

Also, Valencia is too deep to just talk about it.

But she's innocent, right? 

It's only natural for him to start asking that, after all, who would hate her that much to blame a crime on her? Plus, he doesn't know her as he used to, even though he tries.

He tried with his friends to look through her past, but they failed so hard. They found nothing, and that felt so wrong.

I have to tell Thomas, he needs to come with me.

***

"Are you serious? You want me to lie about that?" Declan yelled, panicked.

No, no, this can't be happening...

"You know, it's your choice, after all, it's either that or your mother. I bet she'll give us some good time. I've heard she's not old."

I'll be destroying someone's life anyway...

Declan closed his eyes, took a deep breath and sat on the couch, feeling himself going dizzy. He didn't speak a work, which the others took as an affirmation.

"You've been a huge help to us, I just want you to know that."

You're f*cking welcome, hope you die slowly and painfully.

*** 

Yeah, we may be forced to do things we don't like in our lives, we may get manipulated, misjudged, misplaced, but we should know there's always another solution. It's sad that we rush towards the easiest way out of fear or anger to find ourselves walking the wrong road by choice.

But well, sometimes, we find ourselves in a wrong road by force, like our dear Valencia.

Valencia's pain will never fade or disappear; it's just become stronger...

A torment memory...

And an aching present...

She just can't close her eyes without thinking how her life would be if it was all normal; sleeping peacefully, walking out and having fun with friends, having a stable crush if not continue crushing on her old best friend.

But life doesn't go like that for her; she can't even catch a breath without existing a new drama. And now, she's no longer the only one in danger because of it.

Maybe it's just that way; Valencia may not deserve a calm life after all.

Good job Valencia, now what do they want to know?

She opened the envelope slowly, catching her breath along with the voice of the ripped cover. She started reading it slowly, memories and thoughts confusing her mind while she tried focusing on the writing, but her vision seemed to be blurry.

What if I somehow did hurt Arthur? I always end up hurting people anyway.

She zoned out to find herself standing in front of two dead bodies. She couldn't move or even blink her eyes, she seemed to be frozen in her place as the body remained still, and a whisper starts to be heard:"You killed them... if only you accepted your destiny, if only you were a good girl."

She tried to shake her head, to yell out a broken, no, but her voice came out sore, with a scratched throat she muttered:"Yes I did..."

But I didn't...

Zack knocked the door but she didn't open. He called her out but he can only hear her sobbing. Worried, he ran inside to find her hugging her legs, sitting on the floor.

"Valencia, what's wrong?" He asked her, worried.

He started shaking her shoulders, but then she only looked at him with her red tired eyes before she pronounces weakly:" But I didn't..." And she leant on and hugged him and continued crying.

Why did I become so weak?

She didn't know that it was never a wrong thing to cry; sometimes we keep holding it till we can't any longer.

But what does that interrogation hide for her?

***

SO YEA? 

Chapter 27 is done.

And I can officially say the shit is about to go down with that envelope!!! 

YEEESSSS PEOPLE HAAA!

Okay so yeah wait for the next chapter ♥ 

Love you all. 

YOUR SONG

That anime's name is Koe no Katachi. (Shape Of Voice) and it's a movie. ♥ 

WATCH IT NOW!!