Chapter 3

|James's POV|

As soon as I sat down I was very anxious to give her my gift. I was at a loss for words. She looked stunning with her ocean blue eyes staring back at me.

"So Vienna, happy 3 years" shit that sounded so awkward, I don't think she noticed though.

"Happy 3 years James, I love you so much" she said. I'm happy she took the first move on this. I'm so fucking nervous and I don't know why.

"Listen, don't be mad Wildflower but..." I fumbled around in my pocket to find her gift. "So um, I got you this" I handed her a small black box. I was so ecstatic, I couldn't stop smiling.

When she opened the box, her smile faded and so did mine.

"What's wrong? Do you not like it?" I asked her in confusion.

"No! No I love it, it's beautiful. I just didn't know we were doing gifts. I didn't get you anything." She started to tear up.

"Please don't cry" I really hate when she does. "You don't have to get me anything. Your love is enough" I pleaded. "May I do the honors?" I asked grabbing the necklace. I got up and went behind her, "Vienna, this little necklace is a promise necklace. I thought a ring was overrated. It has my birthstone in it so I'm always with you when I'm away" I told her proudly.

********************************************

Our car ride back was nothing but us singing with almost every song on the radio. Her singing was pretty good too surprisingly. Every once in a while I would sneak a look at her singing and the way the moonlight hit her face, she beamed. She was so beautiful and I felt so lucky to have in my life.

"Now I have one more surprise for you, so when we get to your house, put something warm and cozy on and bring a blanket and pillow. Also a change of clothes" I told her.

********************************************

When we got to her house she did everything I told her to do. I already had my stuff in the back.

When she got back in the car, I continued on, to her final surprise.

"So, what's the surprise J-bear?" I cringed when she called me that, but I got to admit she's cute when she does.

"First off, don't call me J-bear." I hate when she calls me that. She's know I hate it too. "Second of all we are almost there" I got a little sassy. But sassy is sexy, right?

********************************************

I pulled onto the dirt road that the abandoned drive-in was on.

"Surprise" I yelled "we are going to star gaze"

Her blue eyes got very wide "Its beautiful" she whispered. Then all of a sudden she kissed me. I love when she's spontaneous like this.

I started unpacking the things we had brought. When I finished, I wrapped her into a bear hug.

"I couldn't have asked for a better night than tonight, J-bear" she said amazed.

I rolled my eyes ignoring the name. I couldn't be mad at her. "I love you" I said quietly.

"I love you more" she whispered with a yawn at the end.

She rested her head on my shoulder and we sat in silence looking at the beautiful night sky. She eventually fell asleep. She was beautiful under the stars. I kissed the top of her head, set my alarm, then snuggled up next to her and fell asleep.

A/N- Sorry chapter 3 is a little late, but I was working on my 30 day writing challenge. I hope you liked James's POV, it was fun to write. There will definitely be chapters in the future that are Ty's POV. I think I might do the chapter 4 in 3rd person, but most likely back to Vienna. Chapter 4 will be up sometime next week. What I do is write it on paper first, then I edit that, re-write, see if I like it, then transfer to Watt Pad. It's how I organize. I hope you enjoy MBBF (my boyfriends best friend) don't forget to vote and comment! I'd really love your feedback!!