Chapter 19

(I just want to let y'all know that James is Ty's new name. Chosen from MariRue . I will be updating ALL the chapters with his new name)

Monday morning I got up and called Kyle, telling him I wasn't going to school. Then i quickly texted James to tell him I wasn't coming, so neither of them would show up to pick me up.

My parents had already left for work leaving me all alone. I hobbled down stairs and made some waffles. Still thinking about Friday and Saturday made me nauseous. I've betrayed my best friend and James.

If they figure anything out, I'll lose the both of them. I don't want that.

After I ate, I got dressed, in a cute sundress. Maybe I'll go shopping and treat my self to something nice. Get my mind off of things for a while.

I left and was shocked to see Audrey in my driveway.

"I knew you would leave eventually" she was leaned up against her car. "Cut the bullshit, we need to talk" she got up and started walking towards me.

I felt myself clam up. I have to tell her, she's my best friend. No secrets, we'd sworn on that back when we first became friends.

"Inside?" I asked her.

"Where ever" she replied, "inside might be best though" she walked up to the porch.

I unlocked the door and and went back inside, she took a seat on the couch and patted the empty cushion next to her. I took my seat and turned to her.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You left prom. You're ignoring my texts, my calls, and you're not even bothering to show up at school today." She grabbed my face looking me dead on in the eyes. She was concerned for me, and to be honest I was too.

"Don't be mad, but..." she cut me off

"Why would I be mad?" She asked.

"Well at prom I saw James dancing and grinding with another girl. Well out of anger and jealousy I may have um..."

"What?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well Kyle and I may have um...had you know what that night" I looked in to my lap, obviously flustered.

"You what?! You knew I liked him" she yelled.

"I know, I know. But I was angry, and jealous" I started to cry.

"That doesn't mean you go do that" she threw her hand in the air.

"I'm sorry, I really am" I wiped my tears away.

"I know you are" I looked at her, and for the first time ever, I'm seeing Audrey cry. In the 7 years I've known her, she has never cried in front of me.

I broke her heart, a heart I thought could never be broken. But it was, by me.

I wrapped her into a hug.

"Audrey I'm sorry, so so sorry. If I could take it back I would" I soothed her hair as she gently weeped into my chest.

She got and wiped her tears, and gave a small smile. "No secrets, you were honest with me, and to be honest with you, he's not my type. I told him that, we're just friends" she said.

"Really? So you just put on that whole act." I wiped my forehead.

"What are you going to tell James?" She leaned in closer.

"I'm not" I said quietly.

"You're gonna have to at some point" she was right.

"Just not now" I said. "Want to go shopping?"

"Of course! Do I ever turn down a shopping trip?" She got up and grabbed her purse.

I grabbed mine and we took her car. We headed to the mall.

********************************************

At the mall...

"Seems how my birthday is in a month, I'm gonna get a super hot outfit for my party. You're coming right?"  We walked into one of the dress stores.

"Of course! Maybe a I'll get a hot outfit too" I winked.

"I will be your stylist" she gestured to all the body con dresses.

I was in for a treat today!

She picked out a few dresses for me and a few for her.

We went in the same dressing room to judge each others dresses even though Audrey never listens to what I say. But I always take her advice because I trust her.

I first tried on a pink body con dress. It didn't look right and Audrey flat out states that before the dress was even on.

In fifteen minutes we both found our perfect dresses and shoes. Audrey got a raspberry colored dress and white platforms. I ended up getting a black halter top with matching black stilettos.

Having Audrey not mad at me and shopping was definitely fun and needed. Now we wait for her party.