Chapter 9

|James's POV|

I've been in a rut ever since Vienna broke up with me. I was depressed as hell. I found a warm comfort to alcohol, and smoked like a champ. It really hit me hard.

The night I got back from the hospital I sat on the couch and just broke down and cried. I grabbed my secret bottle of whiskey and downed it. I drank to forget, but I always remembered. I pulled out my stash of weed and began to roll one. It was the only way to rid my pain.

I became sloppy. I didn't care about the way I looked or smelled even. I just don't care anymore.

********************************************

This has been the longest fucking week of my life. It was Friday night and I'm sitting here alone. Normally, Vienna and I would go out to dinner or play video games. But not tonight. I was bored.

I got my phone and texted Kyle to see how he was doing.

J: What's up Kyle? How ya feeling?

K: Pretty good actually, I get to leave soon. Vienna stopped by my room actually.

Seeing her name made me feel a little better, but knowing I won't see her for a while hurt.

J: How is she?

K: She was discharged earlier this morning.

J: That's good.

Kyle didn't respond, he's probably resting. I finished watching the rest of my movie and then headed to bed.

********************************************

The next morning I woke with a pounding head ache. Great. I was hungover. I got up and headed to my kitchen. I groaned as I realized my apartment was wrecked. There was no use cleaning it.

I grabbed a bottle of water and an ice pack and headed back to my room where I would play video games for the rest of the day.

********************************************

That afternoon I heard the font door open, I didn't bother checking who was it. It was either John, my friend, or my brother.

Out of the corner I saw the outline of goddess. Vienna. I don't know why she was here. I didn't look up.

"Knock knock" she was standing in the threshold.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I asked not taking my eyes away from my game.

"I'm here to apologize" She said looking down

I didn't really know what to say so I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Well...can I come in?" She asked waiting for me to grant her permission to enter.

"Sure. Whatever" I said still not looking.

She sat down at my desk and swiveled in the chair for a bit.

"Me and Kyle are good now. We're friends" I said.

"That's good" she said

I refused to look at her. I was afraid to fall for her again. I know she won't take me back.

"Fuck, I lost again" I said throwing the down the controller.

"Remember when we played that and you'd always beat me?" She said giggling

She was bringing up the past. Maybe she wanted me back.

"Yeah..." I sighed. " do you want to play?" I asked.

She pulled her chair closer to my bed and grabbed a controller. I started a new set of races.

Halfway through the races, I noticed Vienna didn't look comfortable sitting in that chair. I patted the empty space next to me, hoping that maybe she'd climb in. I was surprised she did. I could tell at first she was uneasy, but sunk into the familiarity.

I was in first and she was creeping up behind me but I made it past the finish line first. She jokingly threw the controller down, crossed her arms and pouted her lips. She looked so cute.

"Haha sucker! The J-machine is back baby!" I said standing up and flexing my toned arms, then falling back onto my bed crushing her under me.

I looked at her and noticed she still had the necklace I got her. That made me feel so happy. I decided to be risky and smashed my lips against hers. She wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't expecting her to kiss me back. She ran her hands down my shirtless back. I wanted her so bad. I needed her. But before anything she pulled away.

"Is something wrong?" I got off of her.

"No. It's just..." She was cut off  by a car  horn honking. "I should probably go" she said getting up.

"Wait...did that kiss mean anything to you?" I reached for her arm.

She turned and smashed her lips against mine. I grabbed her head so it wouldn't move. She broke away and hugged me tightly.

"It meant the world to me. I've missed you so much" she told me

"I've missed you too baby" I replied.

She turned and left my room. I got up to watch her leave. I've missed her a lot.

"You should clean this up" she said laughing

"I will" I replied. I probably wasn't going to, but hey maybe I could get her to help me.

SCROLL FOR CHARATER REVEAL #2!!

A/N- so this was James's POV. What did you think? I know this chapter is similar to the last one, but I really wanted to do his POV of everything. Seems how is is facing this struggle. So for the characters I just find these pictures on Pinterest. So...yeah. Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!!! Love you all.
This is James!!!