Chapter 5

By the time I could move everything went black. I realized that I have been shoved into a locker. My head was pounding and my vision was slightly blurry. But what I saw next scared me,  James had Kyle pinned on the floor, punching him repeatedly. A teacher dragged him off, and started heading down the hallway.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he cried out. That is something that James never does. Cry. "Please let me see her, I didn't mean this" was the last thing I head before he was dragged around the corner.

Then it all went black again.

********************************************

I woke up that evening in a hospital bed. My head hurt like crazy. I could finally open my eyes now. When I opened them I saw James sitting across the room with his head in his hands.

He must have heard me move because he looked up and I all I saw were his bloodshot eyes. He got up and started walking towards me.

"Don't touch me" I said. I was scared. I pointed to the chair next to me and motioned for him to sit down. I didn't want to talk to him at all.

He sat down. The room was dead silent.

"Listen, I'm really sorry Wildflower. I didn't mean for any of this to happen" he apologized.

I just sat there staring ahead of me. Silent. Letting a tear roll down my cheek.

"Please look at me baby" he said kneeling down next to the bed.

I gave in and finally looked at him, not only were his eyes bloodshot, but he had tear stains all down his cheeks.

"You gave me a concussion, and you beat Kyle up" I said returning my glare forward.

"I got jealous. I thought he kissed you, and Kyle , I knew him" he said.

I was still silent.

"Before I moved here, Kyle and I were best friends" he said. "I didn't even know it was him until it was too late" ashamed of everything he's done.

I kept staring straight ahead, tears welling in my eyes. "I want to take a break" I told him. "I need time to think" I said trying to hold back my tears.

"You can't fucking do this, Vienna" he snapped, standing up.

I winced, afraid he was going to hurt me again.

"I still love you, and want to be with you. Just not right now" I said letting some tears flow.

"Please Vienna, don't do this" he put his hand on mine and this time I didn't move.

"It's not permanent. Its just..." I paused. Rubbing my temples to make the head ache ease. "My head hurts and I want to be alone at the moment" I looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Ok" he finally said, kissing the top of my head. He then headed for the door and said "I love you" and disappeared down the hallway.

"I love you too" I whispered knowing he couldn't hear me. I finally broke, and sobbed into my hands.

A/N- I really hope you liked this chapter! Do you think Vienna will forgive James?? Comment what you think. I also think this chapter was slightly shorter than the others. Don't forget to vote and comment! I love you all! Thank you for reading!!!