Chapter 6

After a week of being hospitalized, I was finally discharged. Being there sucked, naturally, it's a hospital. Now I have a shit ton of schoolwork and homework to do. Fantastic.

My parents finally arrived to pick me up. Their always so busy with work, I'm surprised they had time to show up. They helped me pack most of my things. I didn't have much, but they thought it was best if they carried it.

We were walking down the hospital corridor when I spotted someone familiar. It was Kyle in one of the rooms.

"Mom, Dad, I'll meet you in the car" I said.

"Ok Pumpkin" said my dad.

I lightly tapped on the door so I don't startle him when I walk in.

"Come in" he says.

I slowly walked in and sit in the chair next to the bed.

"Hey" I said casually.

"Vienna, right?" He asked.

"Yup! Listen, I'm really sorry about James. I have no idea what had gotten into him" I really didn't. It was weird.

"It's no problem. We're cool. He came in and apologized" he said.

He forgave him that easily? What? Here I am, temporarily taking a break from him.

"So..." this was awkward. "Why are you here exactly?" I asked.

"Well obviously, I have a black eye. I also have a fractured rib" he shrugged like it was no big deal.

"I should um... probably get going. Feel better" I stood up, but Kyle gently grabbed my arm.

"Wait, give me your number. I want to hang out sometime" he said, releasing my arm.

I felt myself blush a little, but I gave him my number and walked out the room and to the car.

Why does he have to be so cute?

********************************************

The next morning was Saturday. It was nice not waking up to a dark hospital room. I woke up to a room of sunshine. A cool spring breeze flowed through my room. I sat up and grabbed my phone from the side table.

I had five texts from my best friend, Audrey.

A: Hey girl!

A: You up? It's 7:30 get your lazy bitch ass up.

A: Wanna hang out???

A: Proms coming up. I want to go shopping.

A: ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEE

I texted her back.

Me: Hey Audrey! You know I've been in the hospital. I got to sleep, ya know. What time you picking me up?

Almost immediately she responded.

A: Finally!! I'll be there in 45 bitch!

Me: Alrighty, see ya then!

I took my first shower in a week and got dressed in a simple, yet comfy outfit. I did my makeup a little, and threw my hair into a bun. I headed down stairs to wait for her.

********************************************

We finally arrived at the mall. We headed to one of those fancy dress shops that are usually overpriced.

"Ready?!" Squealed Audrey.

She walked out wearing a sparkly red dress. It was outrageous. The slit went to space, it was so high. For cleavage factor, it was deep, really deep. It was strapless with barley any back. I was surprised it was still on her!

"Audrey, there's nothing to this thing!" I said circling her.

"I'm getting it" she said.

She headed back to her dressing room.

"Don't you think it's a little much for junior prom?" It was way overdone.

********************************************

Finally, she was changed and back into her regular clothes. Low and behold with the dress in hand.

"Listen here plain Jane. You are getting a dress, today. That is final" she said cashing out.

And before I knew it I was drowning in heaps of dresses.

A/N- So what do y'all think about Audrey? If any of you have seen Roger Rabbit, I got Audrey's dress inspiration from Jessica Rabbit. Just the dress part though. I don't know why, but hey... it's Audrey!

I hope you liked this chapter

I hope you liked this chapter. I didn't really know what to write. I wanted to use this as a filler but it ended up longer than any of these chapters. Next chapter will leave off where this one ended. I hope you enjoyed!! Don't forget to vote, and comment! Thanks bunches lovelies!!