Chapter 17

Fast forward to prom... May 20th

It's finally prom. I've waited for this day for a very long time. I was still in bed, and awake when my alarm went off. I looked at my clock and it was 8:30 in the morning.

I sighed and rolled out of bed and put on some random shorts and a shirt.

I went down stairs and Audrey was waiting with my mom in the living room. My mom is taking me and Audrey to our hair and makeup appointment.

"Ready bitches?" Audrey got up and started walking out the door.

My mom gave me a 'are you serious' look behind Audrey's back. She isn't very fond of Audrey, she thinks she partys too hard; She does, and hooks up with a lot of boys. But she's my best friend, I gotta love her.

We got into the car and my mom drove us to our appointments.

I was getting a simple low bun and Audrey? She's getting some extravagant up-do. It's just who she is.

I was done in a half hour and Audrey still had a while to go. It's a good thing they do makeup here too, I headed over to that department and told them I had an appointment.

"Now what are you looking for dear?" The girl asked me.

"Something simple, like neutral colors" I say to her.

"I can do that!" And she started applying makeup.

Audrey finally sat down next to me and the girl asked her what she wanted.

"Dramatic" was all she said.

Audrey and I finished at just about the same time. Her make up as really heavy, but it really complimented her.

"You girls look beautiful" my mom stood up the chair she had been sitting in for over an hour.

"I know" Audrey pretended to flip her hair.

I just laughed "I'm hungry, let's go out to eat" I chimed in.

"Smoothie Hut! So we don't ruin anything" Audrey paid for her service.

"That's fine with me" I paid my fee as well.

********************************************

After Smoothie Hut we went back to my house to change. Prom started at 7 and it was already 5 o'clock.

"Oh we're meeting at James's place for pictures right?" Audrey was putting her heels on.

I forgot that they were tagging along with us, but Kyle has the nicest ride. I mean with a Range Rover at 17, that's pretty nice.

"Yes, we have to be there by 6" I started slipping my dress on.

"Honey, no. Heels first then dress" she helped me take the dress back off and put my heels that resembled Cinderella's glass slippers on.

She put the dress on over me very carefully as to not ruin my hair. She zipped it up and I was ready to go.

I helped her into her dress and we were finally ready to go.

We carefully walked down the steps in our heels. Audrey nearly slipped three times.

"Let me get your picture" my mom went to grab her camera.

We posed for a few pictures, when my dad came home from work. He took pictures of me and my mom and I got my picture taken with him.

My mom was driving us to James's place to take a few pictures there.