Chapter 28

We pulled into the Babies R Us parking lot and got out. We walked hand in hand through the parking lot. It felt weird.

We entered the stores and a few eyes of other mothers landed on us. I swear one faces is a dirty look. Even though I wasn't showing much, people probably knew why we were hear.

We slowly walked the perimeter of the store looking at cute little toys and clothes for Nugget. We're not buying anything specific until we know if Nugget is a boy or girl. In the car we made a plan to buy a crib and a dresser, along with a bookshelf.

We walked back to where the cribs were and looked very closely at the prices.

"Look at this, almost three hundred dollars for this one" Kyle sneered at the price tag.

"I'm aware" I said also fretting about the price.

Shortly, a sales associate walked by, "is there anything I can help you folks with?"

"Actually yes. We're looking for furniture for our baby. But we are not sure what to get." I said very nicely.

"We'll hold old is he or she?" The man asked.

"It's not born yet. I'm only 6 weeks" I was truthful about it.

"Most people usually wait a while. Like 5 or 6 months" he said.

This was all I needed to know, "ok, thank you" and we wrote down the prices of things.

We walked around there for a little while more and headed to the clothing section. I picked out a few gender neutral clothes and went to the checkout.

"Your total comes to $30.97" the young girl took my money.

I looked at Kyle and he looked distraught. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine" he rubbed his face.

I grabbed my bags and we headed to the car.

**

We got home and a note was left taped to the door.

We entered the house and took a look at the note. To: Vienna. Kyle left me alone to read the note.

My Dearest Daughter,
I would like to apologize for the way your father reacted. I'm trying to talk to him about the situation but he is still firm on his decision. I hope you could understand. I figured you had went to Kyle's and I talked to his mom and step dad. They are lovely. But for now, I want to take you out to dinner tonight and chat about everything. See tonight, I'll pick you up at 7. Love you,
Mom

I looked at the clock and it was already 6. I went to take a shower and get ready. I decided to just wear jeans and a nice shirt to go with it. I told Kyle where I was going and in no time my mom was there to pick me up.

"Listen I don't want this to be awkward" I got into the car.

"And I'll try not to make it" she smiled at me.

We drove until we got to the Olive Garden because that's my favorite restaurant.

**
After our orders were taken we got to talk.

"Just to let you know I'm not extremely happy with this. But I don't hate you" she started.

"I know" I sunk low. "It was out of anger and spite"

"Anger?" She asked.

"It's honestly a long story" I sighed.

"Well let me tell you why your father is upset. It's not because your pregnant. It's because it's Kyle's. Your father and his dad knew each other back in high school and we're not very fond of each other. It's because I was dating your father and his dad kept trying to steal me"

"Ew. That's so weird that you almost dated my baby daddy's dad" I made a gross face and she laughed for the first time all night.

"I know. But that's why he's mad" she shrugged.

It's weird that it's almost like me. I was dating James and Kyle kept tying to steal me away. Like father like son I guess. But I actually ended up letting Kyle take me.

Our food arrived and we chatted all about what my experiences will entail. Cravings, cramps, and exhaustion. Wonderful.

At the end of the night my mother drove me back to Kyle's place and walked me to the door. She wrapped me in a hug, "we'll have to do this again"

"Of course" I replied

"I love you" she said.

"I love you too" I hugged her tighter.

I walked inside the house and watched my mom drive away.

A/N- YAYAYAYA OVER 900 reads!!! Let's try to get 1000! I'm so thankful for all of you who read. Don't forget to vote or comment!!! I'm so happy to be writing again. Updates will be either Friday's or Saturday's depending on what's going on in my life. Thank you all so much!!!