Chapter 8

We finally pulled into the driveway of James's house, which was sort of an apartment type place. The unfortunate part was he was home. James lives by himself. He and his family don't get a long, but he never told me why.

I went next to the mail box and dug up the small wooden box that held the spare key. I unlocked the door and put the key back in its place, underground.

As I opened the door the mess I saw before my eyes was outrageous. There were clothes on floor, dirty dishes and empty pizza boxes. I stepped further into the filthy apartment and the smell hit me like a brick wall. It smelled of alcohol, weed, and body odor. I plugged my nose and kept walking.

Down the hall I heard video games, it was coming from his room. I cautiously walked and entered the door way. He was lying shirtless in his bed with the Wii controller in hand. He didn't look like himself.

"Knock knock" I said standing in the doorway.

"Why the fuck are you here?" He asked not taking his eyes away from his game.

"I'm here to apologize" I said looking down

He just shrugged his shoulders and continued playing the game.

"Well...can I come in?" I asked waiting for him to answer.

"Sure. Whatever" was all he said.

I sat down at his desk chair and just sat there quietly before he spoke.

"Me and Kyle are good now. We're friends" he said.

"That's good" I tapped my leg.

He still never made eye contact with me though.

"Fuck, I lost again" he said throwing the down.

He was playing Mario Kart, the game we played all the time together. Whoever lost had to listen to the music type they hated the most for 20 minutes. For me it was classical. For him country. But I always lost.

"Remember when we played that and you always beat me?" I said chuckling.

"Yeah..." he said. " do you want to play?" He asked. I was shocked!

I grabbed a controller and moved the chair closer to his bed. He started a new round and we got ready to race. I was Princess Daisy as usual and he played as Donkey Kong.

We were half way through the races. James patted the empty space on his bed and I climbed in. At first it felt awkward but I eventually fell into the comfort.

We started laughing and screaming with excitement because he was in first and I was second I nearly passed him but he passed the the finish line before me. I jokingly threw the controller down, crossed my arms and pouted my lips.

"Haha sucker! The J-machine is back baby!" He said standing up and flexing his arms, then falling back onto his bed crushing me under him.

I looked up at him with a smile and drop of hope in my eyes. Before I knew it his lips crashed to mine. It was unexpected but it felt so good. I kissed him back and moved my hands down his bare back. I missed this. I yearned for more. We kept kissing for what felt like forever. Before I broke away.

"Is something wrong?" He got off of me.

"No. It's just..." I was interrupted by Audrey honking the horn. "I should probably go" I said getting up.

"Wait...did that kiss mean anything to you?" He grabbed my arm.

I turned and smashed my lips against his, and he grabbed my head, holding it while we kissed. I broke away and hugged him tightly.

"It meant the world to me. I've missed you so much" I said. 

"I've missed you to baby" he said.

I backed out of his grip and headed towards the front door. I turned around and he was standing in the hall watching me leave.

"You should clean this up" I said laughing

"I will" he replied

I walked out of the front door and entered the car.

"Well...I'm guessing it went well?" She asked backing out.

"I guess you could say that" I smiled " thank you Audrey"

"Hey that's what friends are for" she said.

We headed back to my house for sleepover. I'm gonna tell her what happened, but leave the kissing part out.

***Scroll for Character Reveal Number 1!!!***

A/N- so do you think they are going to get back together? I didn't really like the last paragraph but i didn't know how to close it. Don't forget to read and comment!!
So this is Vienna!!

This is how I picture her with her long red hair and blue eyes

This is how I picture her with her long red hair and blue eyes. Sweet and innocent looking.