Chapter 12

I regrettably opened my eyes finding myself in my bed. Which was weird since I fell asleep at STARK towers. I went out of the room into the kitchen finding Bruce on the couch watching TV. I plopped down next to him.

"Wazzup?" I asked.

"Nothing." Bruce replied.

"What happened, and how did I get from the couch in STARK towers?"

"Well, as soon as you were fast asleep, I slipped out from under your head and carried you out to the car, home, and carried you to your room. I wasn't going to change you, I'm not mom or dad."

"Yah, and I'm glad you didn't. That'd be awkward."

"Yah."

"So, you have trouble? In carrying me here?"

"No, your lighter than you look, but when I first picked you up, you were heavy." I chuckled.

"Yah I bet." An awkward silence took hold of the apartment.

"So....what time is it anyways?" I asked.

"Uh," Bruce looked at his watch,"it's, 9:43."

"Awesome, I got plenty of time."

"For what?"

"Today, I start work, I think, what day is it?"

"It's Friday,"

"Then, yes I start work, at 4."

"Cool. So when are you getting ready?"

"Probably at 2."

"Cool."

------------

"Tammy, it's 2." Bruce said elbowing me in the side.

"Ow!" I said elbowing him back, "And thanks." I went into my room, taking a shower and changing into this:

http://www.polyvore.com/first_day/set?id=92376520 I walked out of my room, seeing that it was 3:20. 'Well I takes me about 40 minutes to get there, and it doesn't hurt to be early.' I thought.

" 'Kay, so Bruce I'm going to work." I said getting my keys, "Probably won't be home till past 11."

"Okay, I'm going to be spending time with Tony anyways." Bruce said.

"Okay, see ya." I threw over my shoulder as I walked out.

"See ya."

--------------

I walked into the bar, unzipping my jacket but keeping it on, going into Frank's office. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Frank's voice said from inside.

"Hello." I said as I entered the room.

"Oh, Miss Banner, it's good to see you again." Frank said putting his game of Solitaire on his desk.

"You too, I just came in to tell you that I'm here, and to ask you where the employees hang out."

"Oh okay, the employee lounge is the door that's behind the bar beside the kitchen."

"Thanks Frank."

"No problem," Frank went back to his game as I walked out of the office and behind the bar to the employee lounge.

When I walked in I immediately bumped into a broad chest.

"Oh sorry," I looked up to the man who towered over me. He had wavy black hair and green eyes, and a piercing in his nose.

"It's alright, you must be the rookie, I'm Eric." He said holding out his hand.

"I'm, Tamika." I said shaking his hand.

"Well, welcome, hope you like it here, and of anyone gives you problem with anyone, just tell me, I'll take care of them."

"I can take care of myself."

"If you say so."

"Can I get in?"

"Oh, ya," Eric moved out if the way letting me into the room.

"Thanks."

"No problem," Eric walked out of the room. I was left alone in the room, no one else was in here. On the left side of the room there were lockers, on the right side there was a couch and a fridge next to it. On the wall in front of me there was a tv and next to it there was a wall phone,and a door. On the wall behind me there were cabinets, a counter, sink, and a table with two chairs. I went to lockers scanning the names on the top of them, I found one with my name opening it, and putting my helmet, jacket, etc., into the locker. When I was finished I went out of the room to the bar. The bar was in the middle of the whole place, pools tables in front of me and on the other side of the bar. Round tables here and there with people sitting at them. Some sat the bar, waiting for drinks.

"Miss?" A heard someone call, I went over to the man who did.

"Can I get a Corse Light please?"

"Bottle or glass?"

"Bottle."

I leaned back and looked at the selection of alcohol that was behind the counter of the bar. I finally found the beer he asked, twisting the cap off I handed the man the beer. He gave me 2 dollars.

"Thank you." I said as I took it out of his hands. I put it in the register behind me.

"Miss?" A woman's voice asked. I went to her. "Can I get a Miller please?"

"Bottle or glass?"

"Glass."

"On the rocks?"

"Yes please." I gave her what she asked, and she gave me 2 dollars and nodded her thanks.

I put the money in the register.

-------------

That's how most of the night went. I soon got caught up into it and pretty soon I didn't even pay attention what each voice sounded like, only doing what was asked from me.

"Miss!" Someone called. I came over.

"Yes?"

"Can I get a Yueling Light?"

"Bottle or glass?"

"Bottle?"

"Yes." I handed the guy the drink. He gave me 2 bucks.

"Thanks." He said.

"No problem."

"Hey haven't I seen you somewhere before?" I looked up at him. He had spiky dirty blonde hair, and gray eyes. He did look familiar.

"Yah, I think I've seen you too. What's your name?"

"Clint Barton."

"Oh yah! Um you're the man who escorted me out of STARK Tower."

"Oh yah, look, sorry about having to take you away from your brother."

"Naw, it's okay, I'm still seeing him everyday."

"Oh really, well that's good, how you seeing him."

"I stay with him at his apartment."

"That's cool."

"Yah, it is."

(I made this an extra long chapter to make up for the short ones that I made! Hope you liked it!)