Chapter 32

I kicked the door behind me closed and continued walking down the hallway. I was still getting used to this place, and I couldn't really use my nose or ears to find my way around since I just came back from having a smoke. So, to sum it all up, I'm lost.

"Tammy!" The voice of Eric called. I slowed a little on my walking so he could catch up.

"Yes Eric?"

"Tammy, I have something, really, really important to tell you."

"Yes?" I asked looking up from the path in front of me.

"Look, don't freak out but-"

"Tammy!" The sound of heavy feet notified my that it was Tony.

"Tony, what do you want? I'm trying to talk to Eric." I say looking at the annoying man.

"Oh, I see what you mean." Tony winked at me. My eyes widened and I made a disgusted face. From the corner of my eye I could see Eric do the same.

"Tony, I'll catch up with you later." Tony nodded, giving me one last wink and left walking down the hall. "Anyway, Eric, what is the important thing that you have to tell me?"

"Tam, I wanted to do this earlier but, Tammy, I'm your brother."

"My family is nothing to joke about Eric." I growl and I start walking away. Eric's hand wrapped around my wrist.

"I'm not joking." I whirled my head around to face him. I wrenched my hand out of his grip and glared menacingly at him. I felt liquid trickling down my cheek, and I realized I had started crying.

"Eric, did Tony put you up to this? Eric, you may not know this, but, my family is dead. There is no one else. All I have left is Bruce." I heard a tear hit the floor.

"Tamitha, I'm being serious-"

"And so am I, my family is long gone, so just don't talk to me, and leave me alone." I walked away, wiping the tears off my cheeks. I went straight to the lab and Bruce looked at me with a worried look.

"Tammy, are you-" Bruce was cut off when I immediately hugged him, sobbing into his shoulder, trying to bring him closer for my comfort by pulling on his shirt like I did when I was little. I felt his arms wrap around me. "Shhh, Tammy, it's alright. I'm here. I'm here." I heard Clint enter the room.

"I saw Tammy run down the hall, she looked pretty upset, is she alright?" I let go of Bruce and hugged Clint. I needed as much comfort as I could get at the moment. Clint hugged me back immediately.

"She'll be alright, just let her cry. She really needs someone right now." I heard Bruce say to Clint. I could feel Clint nod.

"Tammy, can you tell me who or what did this to you?"

"E-Eric." I stuttered out. I shuddered.

"What did Eric do?"

"H-he told me h-he was m-my real brother. A-and I told him th-that my family is d-dead. B-but he kept insisting th-that he was my brother!" I broke down again at the last sentence, and I sobbed harder. I haven't cried this much in a long time. The last time was when I found out that-well, that can be explained later.

"Tam, I don't know how to explain this to you, but, Eric really is your brother." I stopped crying and I pulled away from Clint.

"He got to you didn't he? Listen, you're little joke has gone way to far. It's just a sick, twisted joke."

"It's not a joke, and I'm being serious."

"Clint, you don't understand. My family is dead! I have no living relatives! All I have left are people who treat me like family. Clint, I thought I could trust you."

I wipe my eyes. "If you want me, I'll be training. But I'd like to be left alone." I push past Clint and Bruce and went to the training room, not taking a second glance behind me.

~*~

Clint POV

"Tammy!" I hollered. Tammy ignored me and continued punching the dummy. "Tammy!" She punched it harder. "Tamitha!" She grunted in annoyance and roundhouse kicked the dummy and it fall over.

"What?!" She yelled. Her eyes were turning into her wolf's, and her teeth sharpened. "I thought I said I didn't wan to be bothered!"

"Tammy look, this whole brother thing, it's gotten out of hand."

"Fuck yeah, it's gotten out of hand!" She said, her teeth were getting sharper and she was starting to get hairy.

"But Tammy, it's true, Eric really is your brother."

"That's it!" Tammy tackled me to the ground, her jaws were snapping, and she had half-way transformed into a wolf. She looked like a werewolf at the moment, not her usual full on wolf.

"Tammy!" I yelled. I flipped us over so I was pinning her. "Stop this and just listen!" She growled and kicked me off by the stomach.

She stood up, and when I started to get up, she kicked me over. I scrambled up faster this time, giving her no opportunity to hit or kick me. "Tammy listen to me!" She tried to punch me in the stomach, I grabbed her fist and twisted it putting it behind her. She yelped in response and lost her balance.

She fell on her knees, I flipped her around and made her lay down, me pinning her. One hand was still behind her back and one was held above her head. She grunted and struggled under my grip.

She started taking deep breaths and soon enough she was back to regular Tammy, at least I think she was.

"Tammy?"

"Clint?"

"Are you done with your freak out?"

"Yes, I'm done fucking shit up." It was silent for a few moments, me and Tammy didn't move from our positions on the floor. Finally she spoke up; "I'm sorry, for freaking out."

"It's alright, you didn't mean it."

"It's just, I don't know how else to react when someone talks about my family."

"I know how you feel. Both my parents were killed in a car accident."

"They went better than mine did." I smirked. "Clint?"

"Hm?"

"Is it true, that Eric really is my brother?"

"Yes, it's true. He was going to tell you yesterday, but, he never got to."

"As you can tell." Tammy and I chuckled. Without knowing my face was dropping closer to hers.

"Tammy?"

"Hm?" I could feel her breath on my face.

"If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here for you." She smiled.

"Thank you, Clint."

"For what?"

"Everything."