Chapter 30

"Harder!" Clint yelled.

"I am!" I yelled back. Sweat was pouring down my forehead and I was starting to get shortness of breath.

"Alright, that's enough." I stopped and I fell to my knees, putting my hands on the floor and hanging my head. Clint and I were in the training room, and I just finished beating the fucking hell out of a punching bag. Clint was impressed, and he was smirking away.

"I'm never-doing that-again." I say, breathing hard. I looked up in time to see Clint's smirk widen.

"You're getting better." Clint tossed me a water bottle, I caught it and ripped the cap off, chugging down the liquid that was inside of it. I finished the bottle in under 15 seconds.

"Thanks."

"I don't think you're going to need any training. You're pretty well trained, and so far all's well. Since you've been in the marines, you already know the things that are needed."

"Good, because, I don't wanna do that again." Clint chuckled. I held out my hand. Clint looked at it weird. I waved it around. "C'mon, I need help getting up." Clint rolled his eyes and took my hand helping me up. I staggered when I stood but regained my balance.

"So the mission it's in a month, right?"

"Right."

"I'd like to get to know what the hell this mission is about."

"Um, I don't know. Fury usually tells us when the time comes about the mission."

"Ugh- fine. I'll wait." Clint put a finger to his ear, and his gaze shifted to the floor.

"Yes sir. On our way sir." Clint looked back at me, putting his hand away from is ear.

"Huh, that didn't take long." Clint rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, let's just go."

"Wait, you're part of the mission too?"

"Yup, you gotta problem with that?" Clint said jokingly. I smiled.

"No, I have no problem at all." Clint smiled.

We finally reached Fury's office, at least think it was his office. Anyway, we went inside and Fury sat us down.

"I called you down here to discuss the mission you two have been assigned on." Fury started. "You are the only ones going on this mission, no one else. Barton, you're there to keep an eye on Banner, understood?" Fury didn't give Clint time to answer as he continued. "Banner, you've been in the marines so you know how to handle things, so you don't need that much training.

"The mission date has been changed to 3 days."

"Sir," I interrupted, "don't you think that's a drastic change for a mission date?!" Fury glared at me.

"No interruptions. The mission will go on as planned, in 3 days. Well, right now I guess it's 2 days. What you'll be doing on this mission, is getting information from a man named Derek Sandfurrow. We've had intel tell us that he's working with Scale. We want you two, to get all the information you can out of him.

"In the file in your bedroom, it should tell you all about Derek. You can leave now." Clint and I then left. We both turned in for the night and I laid down in bed, thinking as I stared at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and erased all of the thoughts from my head. I kept my eyes closed and eventually fell asleep.