Chapter 26

''You want me,'' I gestured to myself, ''to be an a part of the Avenger team?''

"Did I stutter?'' Director Fury said.

''No sir. What about my other job?''

''You can quit yourself, so is that a yes or no?''

''Yes, I will join the team.''

''Good, agent Wolfe and agent Barton will be picking you up on Friday.''

''What time exactly?''

''19:00.''

''I guess I can get off work early, then quit.''

''Yes, as for Bruce and Tony,'' Bruce and Tony looked to Fury, ''you'll also be going with agent Wolfe and Barton.''

''Fine, I was going to go on a date with Pepper, but, you Director, can deal with an angry woman who can possibly get you most wanted in 7 countries.'' Tony said. Bruce just nodded a 'yes sir'.

''And you're not the only ones, the rest are coming too.''

''What about Thor, didn't he go back to Asguard?''

''We have our ways, I'll see you all on Friday.'' Nick Fury then left the room, going up the stairs to leave the tower.

''Wait, what day is it?''

''Friday.'' A voice said above us. I jumped.

''Thanks Jarvis.'' Tony said.

''My pleasure sir.''

''Okay,'' I glimpsed at Bruce's watch, ''I need to run, literally because I have work in two hours. Anyone willing to give me a ride?''

''I'll give you one, to and from.'' Clint said.

''But we walked here.''

''I can take one of Tony's cars.''

''WHAT?!?! No, you are not touching one of my cars!'' Tony said.

''Thanks Tony!'' Clint threw over his shoulder as he ran upstairs dragging me along. I laughed and started toward the car garage. We got there and Clint looked at the cars. ''Now, lets take the most expensive car.''

''Clint, we're going to a biker bar. They'll steal the car.''

''Oh right, then let's take this one.'' Clint stood next to a 2010 gray Chevy. I shrugged my shoulders.

''Let's take the car. I need to get to the apartment, change, and get to work.''

''Then, get in will ya?'' Clint was already in the car in the drivers seat. I got in, putting on the seatbelt. Clint opened the flap and the keys plopped out, he caught them before the landed into his lap.

''All right, let's go!''

''Alright, alright.'' Clint started the car and soon we were down the street to the apartment, it was only a mere minute when Clint had parked the car, and I was rushing up the stairs taking 3 at a time, screw elevators. I had finally got there and soon and I ran to my room getting a different pair of pants. I put on black skinny jeans and keeping, I kept my combat boots on, they were the same ones I had when I was in the marines. I grabbed 2 more pairs of earrings, and two other necklaces. Putting on the necklaces I raced out of my room putting on the earrings.

"Shut the door and lock it on the way out!" I said as I ran down the hall, still putting in my earrings. I ran down the stairs still putting my earrings in, I heard a door slam behind me and soon, heard the thud of footsteps behind me. I soon got to the car and got in letting out a breath as I figured out I was early and that when I went upstairs it only took me 15 minutes. Clint got in the car soon after me.