Chapter 36

My eyes eased open, since the light streaming through the curtains blinded me. I took a deep breath and observed my surroundings. I could feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks when I saw Clint nuzzled up next to me.

"Clint?" I asked. He grunted in response. "Clint, get up." He groaned.

"Alright. . ." After a few moments I could Clint's grip ease on me. I got off the bed and went to my bag of clothes.

"Why were you hugging me?" I asked as I searched for my tank top.

"It was cold last night, I must've hugged you for heat." Clint muttered.

"Uh-huh."

"Honest!"

"Mmhm, you keep telling yourself that." I smirked as I got up and went to the bathroom, closing and lockin the door behind me. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw myself in the mirror.

"Jesus, I keep forgetting that I look different." I muttered.

After my shower, I went out of room, dressed for the day. I was wearing some cargo pants with black combat boots, a black tank top and a jean jacket.

The room, thankfully, had a balcony so I went there and pulled out my pack of cigarettes, taking one and lighting it quickly.

I sighed, smoke escaping my mouth as I did so.

"So, we gonna get breakfast in the lobby, check out the place, then plan out what we're going to do?" I nodded.

"Sounds right. When I'm done, we can head down." I said. A sparkle caught my eye then I remembered. We're married, well, not really but still.

I can't get over it.

Because you love him.

Shut up.

Nope! You keep telling me to, but do you seriously think I do?

Just, be quiet! The least you can do is let me smoke in peace!

Fair enough.

I sighed in relief at the silence of the voice.

I could tell, that today was going to be a long day.

As I finished Clint had already taken a shower and was dressed.

"You ready?" He asked, opening the door. I nodded and went out the door, Clint following me. I took his hand as he joined up with me.

"You get the key?"

He nodded and padded his pocket.

"Yep." I smiled in response. We got to the elevator, and another couple was in there, they stopped it for us.

"Thanks!" Clint said going inside, me following. I smiled my thanks and stood beside him.

"How long have you two been together?" The woman of the couple asked.

"Well, Nick is five, and Jacob is three so, nine years now." I lied. "We're taking a break from the kids." I smiled.

"That's nice, we've been together for fifteen years now." The woman said.

"That's lovely." The elevator opened and the couple left, saying goodbye once they did.

Clint bursted out laughing when they left.

"Nick and Jacob? Holy shit that's too good!" He laughed.

"Shut up, like you could've done better." I said, hitting him playfully.

"I would've thought be better names than Nick and Jacob."

"What? Like Billy? Bob? Joe? Timmy?"

". . .Maybe."

"See, Nick and Jacob aren't looking so bad right now, aren't they?"

"Shut up." The elevator dinged and we stepped out. We were still holding hands, and Clint had intertwined our fingers. He brought our intertwined hands up.

"You ready, Honey?"

"Ready when you are, Baby."