Chapter 24

''Maybe we were, maybe we weren't.'' I said rocking side to side. Clint smiled.

''Who was that anyway?'' Clint asked.

''That was Jackie. We've been friends since Middle School.''

''Cool. So I came to talk to Bruce, about the whole, you know...''

''I've already told him. But if you want to talk to him yourself be my guest. He's at Stark Tower with Tony.'' A phone rang through the apartment, and Clint put his finger up showing to excuse himself. He pulled out his phone and answered it.

''Hello?...Yes sir...Right away sir.'' Clint put his phone back into his pocket.

"Okay so Fury wants to talk to you."

"I know that."

"Now."

"Oh well that's a whole new reason. Um where exactly are we meeting?"

"We're meeting at the tower."

"Can't he just come here, I mean, Scale is still out there. Possibly watching us right now!"

"Hey, I'll cover you, don't worry."

"No, I'm not going."

"Fury, is going to be, furious." We both cracked a smile.

"I see what you did there."

"I know, but seriously, Fury doesn't like to be kept waiting."

"I'm not going." I crossed my arms.

"Please, my job is in your hands. Please come with me to see Fury."

"Do I have to spell it out? I'm.Not.Going."

''Yes.You.Are.''

''I'm starting to want you to make me.''

''Tammy, please. Just come. I'll protect you. I swear.'' I looked at Clint, he was one of the only people who I really trusted. Sure, he got my secret of me being a Wolven into a super secret government agency but, I still trusted him.

"Clint...I just...I don't want Scale to find me..." Then an idea popped in my head. "What a second." I went into my room taking the collar off of my dresser, and getting the leash that hung on my door. "Look. I know this is weird but, I can shift into my wolf, and act like I'm your dog." Clint thought about it.

"It might work."

Right now, I was padding on the sidewalk next to Clint in my wolf form. He looked down on me and smiled. My tongue lolled out of my mouth and I panted. I absolutely despised it when I had to make my tongue do that, but how else was I going to pass as a dog?

"Almost there." Clint whispered to me. I looked up at him and made a doggy smile. Clint smiled. We finally got there, and of course Tony was there to greet us.

''What's up, Hunger Games?'' Tony said coming up to Clint. Tony caught a glimpse of me. ''Is that who I think it is?''