Chapter 31

I sat up in bed and looked at the time on my phone;

2:17

I groaned and flopped back down my bed. I've only slept for 2 hours. I sighed and sat back up. The file was resting on my dresser, and it was tempting to read. I stood and grabbed the folder from the top of the dresser, turned on the lights and started to read through it again:

Darek Sandfurrow

Age: 34

Height: 5'11

Eye Color: Brown

Hair Color: Dark Red

Location: New York City

Rich from inheritance from parents; Usually found at strip clubs; Active pot user

I sighed, so from what I've read, Darek sounds like a complete douchebag. I looked at the picture that was beside the description of him. His hair was crew cut with spiked bangs like Clint's. He had a scar run along the top of nose. In the picture he was wearing a sky blue, silk suit, a striped blue dress shirt under it.

He was wearing dark sunglasses-probably because he just finished getting high-, the same kind his body guards were wearing. His body guards were huge, they looked like they've never gone a day of their lives without going to the gym. I gulped at the sight. Sure, I was a mythical creature that no one knew about, but seriously, they looked like they could snap me like a pencil. I put the file back on my dresser and went to my jacket, searching for my cigarettes and lighter.

When I found them, there was a knock on the door. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, wondering who would be coming to my room at the hour. I shrugged and opened the door. It was Clint.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"I couldn't sleep."

"That makes two of us." Clint half smiled at that.

"Wanna get some food? I'm fucking starving." I smirked and nodded.

"Can I change real quick?" Clint's eyes went to my body when I said that. I was wearing a sports bra and some boxers. His cheeks tinted a little, for a secret agent, he needed to hide his emotions better.

"Sure." He said. I smiled at him and closed the door. I pulled on some jeans, and put on a black tee. I yanked on my boots and stepped out my room. Clint noticed the cigarettes in my hand. "You smoke?"

"Yes, I do. It dulls my need to shift into a wolf. Don't ask me how, because I don't know." Clint chuckled.

"How about we get something to eat, and I'll take you outside so you can smoke?"

"Sounds great to me."

~*~

I popped open my carton of cigarettes and bumped the bottom with the heel of my hand, making one pop up. I put it my mouth and put the carton in my back pocket. I took out my lighter and lit the cigarette in my mouth. I closed my eyes and blew out the smoke. Clint watched me as I did this.

"You want one?" I asked when I noticed him staring.

"No, I don't smoke." He said averting his gaze.

"Then why were you staring?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. Just interested me. I'd never think you'd smoke."

"Well, I own a Harley Davidson, I'm covered in tattoos, I work at biker bars. Why the hell not?" Clint chuckled.

"Yeah,"

"So what's you think?"

"Think about what?"

"About the douchebag that we have to get information from."

"Oh, yeah. He sounds like a typical perverted asshole."

"So he sounds like Tony?" Clint laughed, as I blew out the smoke that was trapped in my mouth.

"Yeah, he sounds like Tony."

"I've been thinking about the strip clubs, I mean, I don't really do clubs, I'm more into the local bar. Plus, why would you think he would be working with Scale?"

"Scale could've promised him power, and then Darek is the sponsor."

"That makes sense." I blew out some smoke. I breathed in the rest of the cigarette and blew it out. I dropped the stub on the ground and stomped the flame out. "I'm starting to get tired again, so,"

"Yeah, I'll show you to your room."

"Thanks Clint."

"It's no problem." I smiled at him, he smiled back and we started our walk back inside to my room.

"So, tomorrow we're going to be telling the rest of the group about the 'slight' time change of it."

"Yeah, and hopefully, Bruce won't freak out."

~*~

"Tomorrow?!" Bruce exclaimed, nearly dropping the chemicals that were in his hand. "Isn't that kinda a drastic change for a mission date?!"

"Sorry Bruce, but I don't make the rules ." Bruce put the chemicals down on his lab table and sighed leaning on it. I went up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He looked up from the floor and stared at me for a while and I stared back. Bruce pulled me in a hug, me hugging back. I blinked back the tears that were threatening to spill over.

"Promise you'll be safe."

"Promise."

"Pinkie Pie promise?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"I-I don't really know how to do that..." I said, very confused.

"Uhhhm, sorry, don't ask what that was for, just promise me,"

"I swear on my Harley Davidson."

"Wow that's big,"

"Yeah, that's why I did it."

"Alright, I'm trusting you to not hurt yourself." I chuckled.

"Bitch please, I heal whenever I get hurt, I'll be fine." Bruce pulled away from the hug, a smirk planted on his face. I chuckled. He planted a kiss on my forehead which I took my sleeve and began wiping away at it. Bruce chuckled. "Grooooooss." He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever."